Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

New Elka shock and adapter plates

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  asus 
#1 ·
So, a few weeks ago I took advantage of the great price SV Racing Parts was selling the Elka shocks for.
I received a call from Blair when I told him I was interested in ordering one. He was extremely helpful. I would buy from him again in a heartbeat.
While we were talking I mentioned to him how on the Elka website they show some shocks with a red spring. Now most of the SV shocks have been getting blue ones lately...well regardless, I asked if I could get one with a red spring. He said he'd put in the request but couldn't promise anything.
I figured if they could that would be great but it wasn't the end all or be all for me.

Well, on friday there was a box at my door.

As you can see, Blair put in the request for the red spring and VOILA.. it was on the new shock.
He apologized to me for the delay in getting the shock to me as originaly stated when I purchased it. He said it took a little longer because they had to get the red spring.
Seeing as how the bike can't be ridden in the snow I didn't mind waiting the extra week.

oh and in this picture there are the GSXR brake caliper adapter plates I also ordered.

Now, I can't wait to get these up on the bike... unfortunately it will have to wait becasue my bike is about an hour away hibernating for the winter in Zuki's garage.
Once I get this stuff on I will report back.

Oh and if anyone is ever thinking about buying from SVRP, do so... he's got great customer service over there and will help you as much as possible.

Thanks again Blair.

See less See more
#5 ·
That is HOT. I should get off my butt and do my taxes... then there will be more than enough to get an Elka shock in preparation for race school in May! Would definitely want some street miles on it to at least set it up so I'm comfortable with it, then fine-tune as track school progresses.

#9 ·
Nice Harry.

An hour is nothing. You'd better go put those parts on as it won't take much time to do. I plan on riding in 2 days and I have about 3 hours of work to re-assemble the bike tomorrow night (if I don't get called into work).
Thanks.

I hear yeah, but there is sooo much more that is going on the bike this winter. That was just the big purchase of the winter...god I love my christmas bonus:rolleyes:.
Already made plans to meet up with Rich to get into his garage.... too bad it's still two weeks away.

#14 ·
well, we did tackle the installation this past weekend, but didn't get any pics.
It went on fairly easily I would say. We'll be wrenching on the bike some more this weekend, so I will make sure to take some pics then.

#16 ·
we didn't get that far because I am having issues with the forks right now and they are going to a shop to get looked at.
I will report back on that and let you know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.