Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Welcome :)

Most of the curvy roads are out by Pickney/Stockbridge way. Try North Territorial for a start and most of the roads off of it. Hadley Rd. north from Territorial to Unadilla is nice. I've ridden a lot of good roads out that way, I just don't know what most of them are. :( I was always in a group, so I wasn't really paying attention to what road was what.

·
Registered
59 Posts
rochester north out by Lakeville, pretty far but still oakland county. hines park drive follows the river but lots of stops and low posted speeds. get one of the metropark maps, they have a ton of detail and reach out about as far as a nice 2-3 hour afternoon tour. I think they have them at the 1st rest stop inside the borders

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm back in Michigan as of 3 weeks ago, always loved home but the cali roads are nice...now to look for some of them roads around metro detroit to try and master...down to ride most of the time lets start up meets to go find them hidden roads.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, i'm actally from california, san luis obispo. Got a job at ford 3 years ago... Dang i miss pothole free, curvy, california mountain roads.

yeah, we should look for some roads and ride. I got 2 other buddies that just got bikes, and we still have that newbie excitement to ride everywhere.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well share the roads, lets setup a meet to get on these roads and make a every week thing out of this, I miss the nice roads in cali and need it back before I lose it.

Lets get it a little organized and then I will make a new post when we find out the meet spot and a good time to start this up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Can't do it this Sunday, but I'll try to check back in occasionally and hopefully join up with you some time this year. Tough to do these days with a wife and 2 kids, but if it works out, it would be great.

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
looks like rain this weekend.

where do you guys gather up? is there a particular business or parking lot there?

-walter-

haven't seen any cops yet, but I'm not surprized. I meet my group on sunday at around 10 or 1030 at 7 mile and pontiac trail if anyone wants to meet up and ride you're more than welcome

1 - 20 of 41 Posts