Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the high mount pipe and as the rest of you could not figure a way to do my signals. I bought those little LED flush mount ones that go on the side of the body work. They could not be seen at all. Then I tried the clear alternatives and again they were dim and I did not trust them. So I installed my stock tail lights back. Then I took my stock signals and cut them up and remounted them under the passenger foot pegs. I cut the rubber arms down by 2/3s and re did the wires. I ran the wires up and under the foot pegs and glued them there with silicone. The signals are held on by a bolt and still have the stock clips inside the bike. The are highly visible from both sides of the bike and people have commented on them.







Comments welcome please!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
I love the concept. I may look into that further in the future.

I would suggest going to the smaller aftermarket housings though.
:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,152 Posts
There was a guy on the portal that actually drilled holes in the backside if rear peg support, and insrted LED's right in there and hid the wiring...came out really tight.

I have some RED leds'...I may have to experiment today...weather sucks ass anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
SV1k left pass peg, and make some spacers for the left peg w/longer bolts.
For a slightly more balanced look, and identical mountings. Just a thought, your idea is pretty good though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,449 Posts
intresting placement! thats kinda cool
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
i think it looks pretty sweet

is there a way to make the two vertical brake lights blink independently so it can function as the turn signal?

I think it would be sweet to have one blink independently of the other, then u don't even need turn signals on the back :!:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
Oh and one other thing, go take care of that chain. ;) :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a new chain and tires at the shop. I am installing them on Tuesday.

Doug
Avidrider installed some custom LED turn signals. I dont have access to a milling machine to make something like that. Plus I want visible. I did not want those aftermarket cat eye signals. I want to be SEEN! I had one close call with the old signals and all I heard was the screech of tires as I turned right. I went back a little while later and saw about 25 foot skid marks from the car.

I thought about the left right LEDs in the tail light, again I want visible. Am I stopping or turning? I did not want to have to worry about people thinking what I was doing.

Prez
What do you mean a sv1k? Do they have some different passenger pegs that would mount up? I know my signals are a little off. One is about an inch farther back and a little lower.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
xyster101 said:
What do you mean a sv1k? Do they have some different passenger pegs that would mount up? I know my signals are a little off. One is about an inch farther back and a little lower.
Well, the SV1k has dual cans. So, the left pass rearset would have a hanger, just as the right side. Mounting points should work, both SV's have the same body work and subframes should be nearly identical.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,319 Posts
DougZ said:
There was a guy on the portal that actually drilled holes in the backside if rear peg support, and insrted LED's right in there and hid the wiring...came out really tight.
avid did it too. i remember seeing pics - looked tight.

nice job with the stocks xyster
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,152 Posts
xyster101 said:
Doug
Avidrider installed some custom LED turn signals. I dont have access to a milling machine to make something like that. Plus I want visible. I did not want those aftermarket cat eye signals. I want to be SEEN! I had one close call with the old signals and all I heard was the screech of tires as I turned right. I went back a little while later and saw about 25 foot skid marks from the car.

I thought about the left right LEDs in the tail light, again I want visible. Am I stopping or turning? I did not want to have to worry about people thinking what I was doing.
I think the guy that did it from the portal had an undertail with lights in it, as well the one milled into the rearsets. I do not if Avidrider is the same guy tha I am thinking about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,270 Posts
DougZ said:
I think the guy that did it from the portal had an undertail with lights in it, as well the one milled into the rearsets. I do not if Avidrider is the same guy tha I am thinking about.
Nope, but I can tell you that LED's inset into a footpeg like that will certainly not be visible during the day time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,152 Posts
AvidSV650Rider said:
DougZ said:
I think the guy that did it from the portal had an undertail with lights in it, as well the one milled into the rearsets. I do not if Avidrider is the same guy tha I am thinking about.
Nope, but I can tell you that LED's inset into a footpeg like that will certainly not be visible during the day time.
Neither are my Hotbodies undertail ones...LOL.

You got a pick of what you did????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,152 Posts
This a pic from the one that I am talking about:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,152 Posts
Oh, very nice set up Avid. I never saw that before now, thus why I asked for the pics. Good job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Adam,
Do you have pictures of it outside with the sun to see how bright it is? Just curious since you have the super bright LEDs in there.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top