Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am uneducated in this area and was looking for info from you all.

I was planning on getting a new chain and sprockets for the 09’ riding season for my 00’ SV650 and had some questions.

1. What chain is a good way to go? I have read lots of positive things online about DID X-ring chains. Thoughts?

2. Sprocket- Any certain kind best? Stock or change gear ratio a good plan for performance?

Thanks for any help guys :rock:

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
DID 525 VM2 is one of if not the strongest chain out there, stick with steel sprockets for longer wear and unless you have a reason to change the gearing on your bike, don't.

And you can do it with a few tools at home in a few hours at most. And you can use clip master links if you choose too. Just order an extra one or two to keep handy if your clip comes off over time. But with proper installation a clip can last the life of the chain and not be anything to worry about as I've ridden over 20k on clip linked chains.

My how-to page, hope it can help.

==> http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=78234

:)

·
Registered
394 Posts
I agree with the above I got a good chain and steel sprockets. it runs great. I used a grinder to brake the chain and I also use a master link so I can remove the chain and degrease it.
Also be careful of your stator cover. I scratched mine with the braker bar.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, thanks a lot Nexus! Very helpful info. Seems my research didnt steer me wrong on the chain. This is my last job before the riding season, let hope the snow melts soon in MN!

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts