Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
update: I got the tank up last night, and found 1 fraction of a leaf in the airbox and also managed to remove any other debris from the around the under-tank area as I saw. So its nothing "in addition to:" the engine causing this almost "diaphragmy buzz" like an exhaust or an intake leak is the only way i can describe it now. only not as loud as a bad leak. Almost sounds like the engine casuing air to escape from somewhere and its really tripping me out. I've took others advice and lubed the final drive chain, even though it appeared well taken care of (chain/sprockets replaced 2,500mi ago) and from the way the bike ran prior to the change, i doubt its any of those issues rearing back. completely different sound altogether.

Hey guys Sorry to be the guy with the "buzzing noise" thread, (first of the year?) but, I've noticed this new noise thats sorta popped up out of no-where.

Friday (yesterday) it started and sounds like paper buzzing but its engine related,

I need to look in the airbox to see if theres leaves or something stuck in there, but it seems to really start up when i reach 5k rpm and hold it there, such as on the highway, its similar to the "cam chain tick" but sounds "layered on top" of that noise, its really tripping me out because i dont know if its valves or what

I've also read through several other threads and read about things like "losee headlight" (not possible, just tightened it in fact) "fuel pump @ idle" (mine is quiet and bike is 08 so i'd assume the pump is still in good condition) "fuel injectors" (the injectors in my truck "whine" so im familiar with what a whining injector sounds like but the bikes arent doing that, unless the sv injectors also "click" but this noise is more of a buzz like a little piece of paper flapping in the wind, or a card pinned to a bicycle spokes)

heres some info on the bike:

2008 Sv650 22700mi. De-snorkeled @ around 1,500mi (never noticed any noise)

Never had a valve job, and mostly bone stock engine/bike, usually when the engine gets a little buzzier i do a oil change (quiets down that cam chain issue) but i do NOT think this is related as it is an altogether new noise, albeit similar buzzing sound to the cam-chain.

I realize that the valves should;ve been checked @ 18000mi but could the vavles be causing this 'paper like buzz' that i'm hearing?

edit: futhermore i'd like to state that i know that valvetrain noises are common for the sv's engine but what i find most odd is that typical noises like the cam chain (which is in fact ticking on my bike but sounds different) slowly came about and got louder and louder, this new noise just popped up out of no-where and is rather loud, or i should say it didnt just "slowly present itself" like the cam chain did, which leads me to believe it may be something loose or caught up in the engine because it increases/decreases with the RPM's

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i highly doubt it because i can hear the cam chain tick and this new buzz on top of it, and also, my final drive chain is cleaned and lubed (gonna clean and lube it again tomorrow when i get a chance to lift the tank up and check for debris in the airbox) it almost sounds like those circular valves in the airbox that let air in buzzing, as i increase throttle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts