Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't going to post this because I know we have a few BMW basher's on the board but then I figured screw it. I don't care what people think and I like it. Plus it's not considered a real BMW by the snobbie elitist's ;D.

This past Saturday I bought a 2003 BMW F650GS ABS. I need a bike that doesn't hurt my back and after riding a KLR650, DR650, and this F650, I decided the BMW was the bike for me. It is extremely smooth for a thumper and deceptively quick (it feels like you are going 35 when you are going 60). Obviously it's not going to win many races being a 650 single, but I don't care about that. I just want to ride. I know parts are more expensive, being being an ex-mechanic I am not worried about paying for service. I will do anything it needs myself. I didn't get a bad deal plus it has brand new tires (Metzler Karoos) and a few mods I would have done myself anyway.

They delivered it today (I couldn't get my insurance transfered Saturday) and I took it for a 30 minute ride. This is the first time I have felt comfortable on a bike since my first back surgery. I doubt it will ever see off-road more than a dirt/gravel road with my back. I was more interested in the ride and seating position of the 650 dual sports.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Congrats...I'd have gotten one too if i didn't anticipate attempting some trail riding on my Adventure. It definitely looks nice all blacked out like that.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I dig it! At least you're back riding comfortalby. Watch out for ice however or you might be looking for an even more comfortable bike! Lol...Enjoy!

·
Registered
683 Posts
congrats on the new wheelz

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
I like those a lot. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys! I took it out around the block again. I really like it. I miss my heated grips already though so those will be going on asap.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Purty. Me likey!

You gonna lose the knobbies & shoe it with street treads?
As soon as these wear out that's the plan. They are brand new, zero miles until today.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am 5'11" and I can flat foot with my knee's "slightly" bent. The only other picture I took today was this one:

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'm about 5-8. I have a 30 inch inseam, so i'm always drooling over those types of bikes (they're perfect for my style), but am always afraid of the seat height issue.

I sat on an '08 KLR650 and that was at the upper limit of my comfort for height. I'm annoyed because I would want even a dirt bike for trail riding, but they are just too high! haha.

that beemer looks just gorgeous. great pick up!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts