Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've joined the long list of SVhadders. A few weeks ago I found a good deal on an '05 636 and since I've always wanted one I jumped on it. My SV sold pretty quickly once I had the new bike and got serious about selling it. I'll most definitely be sticking around here, the kawi forums aren't THAT bad, but not nearly as much fun as here.

One of the last pics I took of the good old reliable SV (good luck with it Alex H)

And the new ride:

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.
Subdude the only reason I got a new bike was because my pictures couldn't compare to yours, so I had to get something else. ;D
Hold the yellow torch up for me brother.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Someday we can meet in the middle of this country of ours and have a photo shoot. Hope you do stick around here, always enjoyed your presence.
That would be great. I'm gonna do my best to be at the rally next year, I know that's a huge hike for you, but I hear it's a great time. I'll definitely be around here, it's so much more active than the other forums. Can't wait to grab an MPG tag with the new bike.

·
MOTORADOR
10,954 Posts
Nice Woloski! That bike looks like fun! ;D still I can say I have a piece of your good'ol bike sitting somewhere in my garage ;)

Don't forget to visit us in the game thread once in a while. It looks like all the yellows are gone now; you sold your bike, Golden painted his white and Subdude is having so much fun with his new friend that he doesn't even want to play with us anymore. :p

Sent from my right shoe using the Motorcycle app

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice Woloski! That bike looks like fun! ;D still I can say I have a piece of your good'ol bike sitting somewhere in my garage ;)

Don't forget to visit us in the game thread once in a while. It looks like all the yellows are gone now; you sold your bike, Golden painted his white and Subdude is having so much fun with his new friend that he doesn't even want to play with us anymore. :p

It's a blast! Everyone says the I4 600's are terrible on the street but with an extra 37cc and a -1 front sprocket the thing is a beast in low RPMs and street speeds. I'll definitely be around in the game, I went for a nice ride today and took the pics form the original post, but didn't have time to get out and grab either of the tags that were up. Once something attainable for me comes along I'll jump on it. By the way off1, your bike is coming along nicely, love the duals.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I just figured I would let you guys have the game back for a while, just know I may rejoin at any time... Last summer/fall was some of the most fun I have had with my bike, I would wake up every morning on the hunt for new tags. Just too bad work has to get in the way.

·
MOTORADOR
10,954 Posts
Work? Who needs work? Let's play!

BTW Walo, the blue bike is cool... how's the blue job doing?

And hanks, the duals are an acquired taste, but I'm starting to digg them too :D

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The job is great. It's definitely making it harder to find riding time, but I'm having a lot of fun and learning so much. Definitely feeling like I made the right choice.

I've always liked the duals. You gonna put on that flyscreen you had on your single? I think that would really set them off.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Walo, you have helped me out tremendously.
I wanted to say Thank You so much especially during a rather strange and difficult time for me.
Enjoy your new ride.
I also am looking for a new toy but I really do love my SV.

·
MOTORADOR
10,954 Posts
Yah, that's the plan. I'm really struggling to find some free time too (running two businesses now) and right now I'm dedicating all I can to the Vstrom, but as soon as I have a day off I'll mount that screen on he SV. I think it's going to look cool.

Well man, congrats again on the bike and the job. It looks like things are working out well for you :)

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yah, that's the plan. I'm really struggling to find some free time too (running two businesses now) and right now I'm dedicating all I can to the Vstrom, but as soon as I have a day off I'll mount that screen on he SV. I think it's going to look cool.

Well man, congrats again on the bike and the job. It looks like things are working out well for you :)

Yea it's hard to balance work, family, riding, modding, etc. Glad your business seem to be going well. Can't wait to see you get that strom on the road. Hope you do a build thread to track the engine swap progress.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Walo, you have helped me out tremendously.
I wanted to say Thank You so much especially during a rather strange and difficult time for me.
Enjoy your new ride.
I also am looking for a new toy but I really do love my SV.
Thanks illbot. I loved my SV, but it came to the point that I wanted to try other bikes. Living in the city doesn't make it feasible to have multiple bikes, so I had to make a tough decision honestly. I had some regrets the first week ro so, but I love the new bike. I still miss the SV, but wanted to try something new while I'm still young enough to take the physical taxing a race replica comes with. There will always be other SVs should I choose to go back that way in the future. What new toy are you considering?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Another member of the 636 family, congrats, you will love it!

The low and low-mid range actually felt weaker than my SV, but the mid and high range takes my breath away!

My 636 is a 2003, stock except a Termignoni carbon slip-on.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sweet '03 SD. I do notice a bit of a flat spot from around 8-10k, but the other than that the low end is snappier than my SV. I did have a 43 tooth (-2) rear sprocket on my SV for a higher top end though, so that may be why.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
congrats on the new ride. The 05-06 zx6r's are one of my favorite bikes.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh and how did you find that seat cowl? I'm having trouble finding an OEM one for mine, I may go the ebay route, but I'm not sure the color will match.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts