Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this today. I know it's not everyones style on this site but I like all bikes in general. I might just flip this for an old rat rod/hot rod if I find one I like. But in the mean time I'm going to have fun with this and my SV.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You'll get better performance if you toss those sh1t pipes aside and put on some real pipes that offer better back pressure. Not only that, but you won't be such an ass hat for waking the dead at idle.

I won't knock the bike, though. I'm building one!
Yeah my brother has a chopper and had similar pipes on it. He swapped them out for ones that run to the back axle and kick up about 8 inches. Runs a lot smoother and sounds cleaner.

·
Administrator
11,045 Posts
Front power rotors?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Front power rotors?
I believe so?
Ride what you want, but swap out that header for a real exhaust before you make lots of additional people hate motorcycles.
Yeah I'm going to look into better pipes. I need to buy new a new primary gear pack first and install that. It's a closed primary but it was belt driven inside. I'm swapping it over to chain in the closed primary.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
I'd leave it a belt primary--they're a bit quieter and leak free. You just need to be sure the primary case is vented to keep the belt from over heating. If you switch over to chain drive, you have to ensure it's sealed and keep it oiled, then, depending on what oil you use (many riders use ATF), you have to be concerned with the clutch slipping. Oil leaks on chain primaries isn't TOO common, but I'd keep leak risks to a minimum if possible.

Front power rotors? Huh?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Just got this today. I know it's not everyones style on this site but I like all bikes in general. I might just flip this for an old rat rod/hot rod if I find one I like. But in the mean time I'm going to have fun with this and my SV.

Not everyones style here maybe, but locally I see 10 of these for every 1 or two sportbikes.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd leave it a belt primary--they're a bit quieter and leak free. You just need to be sure the primary case is vented to keep the belt from over heating. If you switch over to chain drive, you have to ensure it's sealed and keep it oiled, then, depending on what oil you use (many riders use ATF), you have to be concerned with the clutch slipping. Oil leaks on chain primaries isn't TOO common, but I'd keep leak risks to a minimum if possible.

Front power rotors? Huh?
Not sure either. I Googled it and it gave me some pictures of drilled rotors and the bike does have similar rotors in the pictures I found so I guess what he said is right?

"The Bike Night Bike"

lol
Haha, yeah. I'll take it up to Hooters or down to Sports Zone one of these days after I fix it. I'm sure I'll get some head turners and some Harley guys oogling over it. I want to see their face when I tell them that my main bike is a Suzuki SV650 hahahahaha.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd also consider dumping that seat and getting a spring seat. I won't make the bike feel like a lounge chair, but it will give at least a bit of suspension.
I told my brother to do the same thing with his rigid chopper. He didn't do it haha. My main concern is the primary stuff right but I am going to look into different exhaust. But I'm still looking for a cool rat/hot rod to trade it for if I can.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts