Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey looking at getting a little more relaxed riding position for my 05 Naked, i've talked to some people about some new bars and was wondering if it would just be easier to get some risers and use the stock bars to relax things. Anyone have any experience in this area? Thanks all.

charlie

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
You could do either really. Bikemaster has some good bars for reasonable prices. But keep in mind if you go with new bars instead of risers, you will either have to drill the bars or grind down the inside of the hand controls to fit.

That said, I would probably go with risers, not to mention, easier install all around not having to fuss with all the handlebar components.

Just be careful that you don't go too far with the bars and end up with cables and wires that don't reach. 1" would probably make a big difference.

·
Chief Greeter
28,472 Posts
hey looking at getting a little more relaxed riding position for my 05 Naked, i've talked to some people about some new bars and was wondering if it would just be easier to get some risers and use the stock bars to relax things. Anyone have any experience in this area? Thanks all.

charlie
Hi chasnasty, I went with the 1" risers, easy install and feels great!

http://www.zianet.com/genmar/

Good luck.

:fiddy:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Eddie did you install the risers yourself? is it really 10 mins as the site suggests...??

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I've got the GenMar also, but the 1" up by 1 3/8" back. The end result is that the bars are mainly pulled back, due to the angle of the top clamp. This will max out the brake line, and you will have to cut the tie clips that are around the electrical bundle and handlebars. In a perfect world, I wish that there was more slack in the cables, wiring and brake line..then I would get different bars. The way it is now, I doubt if I can raise the tank unless I either remove the risers (which I don't want to do) or remove the fuel tank hinge bolt. I don't want to remove the risers because I don't like the idea of putting stress on the bolts. Also, you will need two more chrome caps, and for some reason my caps did not fit correcty in the new bolts. I added some A/C stainless tape around the cap plugs in order to make them fit tight going into the new bolts. Another reason why I don't want to mess with them.

·
Chief Greeter
28,472 Posts

Yes, install was easy, all your wiring should be fine, I think I had to adjust the front brake line clamp that bolts to the triple is. I took my time but you probably could do it in 10 minutes.

Sit on your bike and adjust bars to where you like it, I adjusted the levers and throttle a bit and left the bolt covers off.

Be sure to cover your tank with towels or blanket so you don't damage it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts