Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Looks great! What solo seat is that?

Next mod... Paint/PC the fork tubes! Maybe black pegs and rearsets too. It would definitely tie in the whole bike.

And another question, What color is that? Obviously orange but did you get it from a car in production or classic car color? or just off a swatch/spray can

But very very clean looking
The solo cover almost looks like a ZX6R cover, but idk how that would fit. The color also looks like the Kawasaki 2003 ZX6R orange as well.

Looks pretty good overall. I think it needs more accents on the body to really tie it together though.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Looks great! Agreed, needs more accents.... imo.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Good job! now get rid of those stock tires... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks great! What solo seat is that?

Next mod... Paint/PC the fork tubes! Maybe black pegs and rearsets too. It would definitely tie in the whole bike.

And another question, What color is that? Obviously orange but did you get it from a car in production or classic car color? or just off a swatch/spray can

But very very clean looking
I asked for Omaha orange with a lot of pearl, i wish it had more, but you can definitely see a dramatic change in sunlight

the cowl is off from the UK, some guy on eBay makes them, really nicely i might add..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Love what you've done with it. Is the beauty skin deep or is there more to it?

Sent from my iPad using MO Free
I guess I'm not sure what you mean, I wish my talent was more than just visual DIY upgrades, but performance wise i'm lost. I have that aTre and TPS adjustment.. otherwise its rather stock.

Everything i've learned is from this website lol
I'm not a mechanic, i'm going to school as an IT professional

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i guess I'm not familiar with the importance of tires? whats so bad with stock? how expensive are good ones? what are good ones?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Orange is my favorite color. Love it.

I'm afraid that cowl would poke my back though, and it wouldn't work with my bags. Stunning nevertheless.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Would love more info on that cowl. eBay store or seller if you have it?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Goos job, I love the color and cowl. I am glad that you choose a other than norm color, I think it really stands out.

For the rest of the upgrades: keep reading this fourm and you will see that anyone can work on sv's not just a mechanic.

So are you planing anything else?

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
i guess I'm not familiar with the importance of tires? whats so bad with stock? how expensive are good ones? what are good ones?
The stock D220's may as well be carved from wood. They give no feel for the road or what your bike is doing. When you lose grip it is sudden, with no warning. Any new sport, or sport touring tire will be light years better than what you are rolling on right now.

The paint looks nice, well done. And I too, am fond of that seat cowl. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts