Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All -

Already appreciating this fine forum after picking up my '03 SV1KS in Citrus Heights yesterday (8/3). 3rd Owner, 9700 even at Transfer. Stock except Corbin Seats. Silver. I'm looking for lower fairings if anybody has any you're looking to get rid of. Looking for to some new pipes at some point as well - the stock ones don't have quite the tone I'm after but will have to do for now. Love Carbon but a little rich - might be Yosh Stainless. My eyes are peeled in the for sale forum... ;)

Also suffering from a clutch letting out at the very end of the lever. Seemed to get worse over the course of a two hour ride home. Lots of learning to do there, I think. Didn't seem as bad at first but was brand new. I guess it's time to pop the clutch cover and remove chain gunk and inspect?

These bikes have mesmerized me since I saw my first one a month ago. Love the Twin tone and the hi-class style. Now a proud owner and hope to contribute to what appears to a be a fine forum of Suzuki and riding enthusiasts.

Cheers,

Tainbrain

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Welcome and congrats, check SVPORTAL (sv1000 website). The '03 had a couple of easily fixed issues. I had an '06 for 5 years/35K miles without any problems. Get any boltons and you will be happy with the tone. Have fun, ride safe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, VTP -

I'd just read your signature/quote to my lady last night! Thanks for the reply.

After scouring both forums for info on a clutch letting out at the end I picked up a MityVac Bleeder kit and will be doing that tomorrow. I guess that and getting behind the front sprocket cover to see the condition of the clutch push rod and general area for gunk. Maybe a straw in my future...;)

Lovin' the bike but don't see myself getting used to clutch the way it is. Need a little more to feather off the line - especially with my lady on the back.

Great place - so much info and obviously great folks. Thanks!

Tainbrain

1 - 3 of 3 Posts