Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Got a new SV about a month ago, black with no ABS. I've always wanted one and the opportunity presented itself. Really fun motor and great looking bike. As you all probably know as a 200lb rider it feels lacking in the suspension department so I may trade it away soon or upgrade the components.

The stock seat wasn't great so I put a C-Racer seat on it which is softer but a bit narrower, I have been going back and forth with it and the stock seat lately.

It's been my return to motorcycling after 30 some odd years and has been a great re-entry bike that is very manageable yet exciting.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Congratulations & welcome. Lots of discussion on suspension upgrades, some have installed used shocks off of sportier bikes with good results, matching fork springs for your weight is a good start for the front. Add in some Traxxion Dynamics or Race Tech emulators for more improvement. Can always add a GSXR front end. I opted for Traxxion Dynamics fork upgrades and K-Tech shock.

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,427 Posts
Welcome to SVR, and back to motorcycling. You'll find a lot of us old farts here who returned after a long hiatus.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome all. I did end up trading for a 2022 Tiger 900 GT Pro. More to my liking given my laid back pace these days. I still have the C-Racer seat if anyone wants one. I'll likely post it in the sell thread once I have posted/been a member long enough to do so as per forum rules.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts