Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen a couple of replies earlier in the week that a couple of you are using the NEP throttle lock on your SV's. I was wondering if you are using the single cable or dual cable version? I stopped by the local cycle shop and they have the dual cable version, though when I ran an online search I found pictures of an SV650 using the single cable version that was put on the front cable. I was going to try the O-ring idea but can't find anybody around here with anything thicker than a 1/8" O-ring and don't have a Caterpillar dealer around here that I know of.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I'm having troubles fitting mine. The bevel that holds the inside part of the hand grip doesn't leave enough room to fit the throttle lock in there, what did you do with that bevel grind it off?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't even remember what mine looked like stock, but (IIRC) there's a rib you need to cut off to fit aftermarket grips or the throttle lock.

:)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Rockin SV said:
OK, I'm having troubles fitting mine. The bevel that holds the inside part of the hand grip doesn't leave enough room to fit the throttle lock in there, what did you do with that bevel grind it off?
If I understand you correctly you are saying that the NEP does not fit between the grip and bar control?

I did not care for the original grips so I cut them off and purchased new. I installed the NEP at the same time as installing the new grips so I did not need to modify the new grip in any way. However, now that I have the spacing correct I can take the NEP off and on very easily.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone have one of these and the R6 throttle tube mod? I bought one the other day (model CC4) but the ID is way too large to contact the tube. Back to the bike shop...again!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rlsrob said:
If I understand you correctly you are saying that the NEP does not fit between the grip and bar control?

I did not care for the original grips so I cut them off and purchased new.  I installed the NEP at the same time as installing the new grips so I did not need to modify the new grip in any way.  However, now that I have the spacing correct I can take the NEP off and on very easily.
You're not quite understanding it, on my plastic throttle tube there is a ridge there that the original grips tuck into. That ridge is in the way and does not leave enough room to squeeze the throttle lock between the switch housing and the ridge. I'm thinking I need to grind that ridge off the plastic throttle tube. My SV is the naked and is a 2001 model. Am I the only one that has had this trouble?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have the same model of NEP throttle lock that I have (CC4) you can move the grip off the rib to allow the throttle lock enough room to clamp on the rib next to the one with the sharp edge.

If you have one of the other models you'll have to cut it off and sand it smooth. Do a good job, since that's where the throttle lock will clamp and it may not work properly if the clamping surface is uneven.

You could also replace the throttle tube with the quick turn tube from an R6 for ~$10. If you go this way I think you'll need to use the lock for Yamaha applications as the Suzuki model (CC4) is designed for a larger diameter tube.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts