Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...

I live in a condo. At the base of our very roomy condo stairs, I leave my bike cover on the floor there after rainy days to let it dry (as opposed to throwing it in my car trunk and growing mildew). This was a great system for the last year until a week ago when someone "mysteriously" threw it in the trash. (It's a dowco, not exactly cheap).

Now, the lady who runs the condo association lives on the third floor and called the fire marshal when I first bought my bike and put it in the same spot because I had no idea where to store it and she didn't know that two bikes had been stolen from the parking lot before. (Her ignorance is beautifully bliss). We don't have condo motorcycle parking.

So today, before leaving the cover on the floor, I left a note on it saying "Not Trash"

And I returned home to find that the person turned the paper over and wrote "Not your personal storage area"

So I typed and printed back the following:

"It won’t happen again.

Not because I’ve been bullied by a coward behind words but because I have no want in my life for my path to cross with someone that lacks any type of understanding. I hope you’re still around when the draconian robots show up because you’ll make a great friend to them. (or die by their hand caught in the ever human act of hypocrisy).

I mean this in the most polite way possible.
Seriously.

I only ever leave my cover here vice my car on days after the rain. I won’t leave it here anymore.

-Wally
xxx.xxx.xxxx"

Too harsh?

I feel like ASCS... a little lol.

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Show her all your guns. And ask her to STFU about your motorcycle and the cover.
LOL. I'm sure she'll have a field day calling the cops about that lol. On the other hand... maybe I can print out a pic or two... hmmmm....:p

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Well, I count theft as a crime. :dontknow: Help me out here Fatass.

Use this note next:

"Good day. If you hear a click, don't bother turning around."

She touched your stuff. And it's quite obvious that she's the passive agressive type. So the fun thing to do would be to confront her, face to face. Knock on the door and ask her strait up. Watch her squirm. When she admits to it, kindly thank her, then call the authorities and press charges for theft.

I know it's only a motorcycle cover, but it's YOUR MOTHERF-CKING motorycle cover, not hers. YOURS. NOT HERS. I absolutely DESPISE people who can't keep their mits off sh-t that ain't theirs.

This war cannot be fought with words. This war can only be fought with police reports and well placed piles of human feces. F-ck her and the horse she rode in on.

YOUR STUFF! NOT HERS!!!

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Well, first of all you have to find out if you have grounds to use that area. Is it a common area? Are there rules regarding using it to store things? The association may specifically state that you're not allowed to use that area.

Otherwise, talk to the lady running the association (quite possibly it's her behavior from what it sounds like). Don't just write notes but find out and have a discussion about it and come to an agreement.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I'm not saying you should do this, I'm just saying sometimes people trip and get smothered by a motorcycle cover and beaten with a sock full of nickels. Accidents happen.

Quick thread jack. I've been trying to figure this out Wally, what does r3t1awr3yd mean?

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not saying you should do this, I'm just saying sometimes people trip and get smothered by a motorcycle cover and beaten with a sock full of nickels. Accidents happen.

Quick thread jack. I've been trying to figure this out Wally, what does r3t1awr3yd mean?
It's my name backwards since I was 17. (Walter Dyer)

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
sorry, but this is how apt/condo life is. I've experienced it and it sucks.

if it isn't your space you don't use it. people are NOT understanding and do not care about your stuff. don't like it? get a house.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Yeah, I couldn't stand living in apartments. I used to live in an apartment complex and would park my bike horizontally in the spot at the very front by the sidewalk so I could fit my truck in and only take up one space. I thought I was being nice but when I would leave, some pricks would move right into the spot within an inch of my bike. So I quit doing that and started parking the bike diagonally within the spot and the same pricks would start pulling in alongside at an angle again within an inch of my bike. This went on for about a week until I had had enough and had figured out which apartment they lived in. I rang the doorbell and some high college kid answered the door. There were probably a half dozen of them living in this little apartment. I told them to cut the **** out or we could settle their issues right there. They had nothing to say except that they would stop their silly behaviour.

So my vote is +1 to the confrontation. People are usually pretty bold until they get face to face.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts