Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I'm looking for someone from around the Brooklyn area (anywhere is ok tho) that has the ability to do a tune up on my 01 Sv. It needs clutch adjust, chain done, tires changed ( I have tires- if you cant thats ok) and I think it needs an oil change and (carbs done as well-if thats not possible so be it). I can spend in the neighborhood of $300. I know it not much for the work but if you need a room cleaned, or a garage cleaned I can do that in exchange. My name is Pavel my number is 415 676 8335. my email is [email protected]

the bike is not rideable only because I tried to start it too many times the battery is drained. If anyone has the time please leave your number or your email, I can get the bike to you if you cant tow it, uh, I'd really like to be able to ride by wednesday :D

Thanks guys so much, I'd rather come to soeone on the board than a shop. I think I trust you guys a lot more.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
the OP hasnt been back on since his first post... hopefully he found someone to do it and is riding!

·
Registered
29 Posts
jbswear, i hear you. however, this will be a first for me. optimally, i'd like to tune it w/ someone to learn that way. also i need a front tire replaced.

be well, everyone. thanks.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
jbswear, i hear you. however, this will be a first for me. optimally, i'd like to tune it w/ someone to learn that way. also i need a front tire replaced.

be well, everyone. thanks.

If you have a basic set of wrenches and can read, you can do ALMOST all that you listed by yourself. Trust me, it's easy.

The tire changing takes some special tools, like $20 worth of tire spoons and practice/supervision.

Syncing the carbs is expensive, unless you build a manometer yourself.

http://www.bluepoof.com/motorcycles/howto/svs_carb_sync/

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
I just did my dirt bike tires last night. Because of the tube you have to use spoons. I HATE them. LOL It was compounded by the fact that I thought metal spikes would be cool for the ice (they were).
ac
This would be for my KTM 990...pirelli scorpions, not what you would call a dirt tire persay because they need to be balanced and all that good stuff.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Yeah, but spokle wheel with tube, right? You are more than welcome to use my balancer when you have it mounted.
ac
Nah...i'd pay the 30 bucks just to watch you sweat about scratching my pretty rims. On my KLX i don't give a crap...but this bike is minty fresh.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Nah...i'd pay the 30 bucks just to watch you sweat about scratching my pretty rims. On my KLX i don't give a crap...but this bike is minty fresh.
I wouldn't touch a spoked wheel for $30. Let some other sap deal with that. I did my own and considered paying someone else! LOL. I watched a few youtube videos about it. "If it is difficult you are doing it wrong". F you! LOL
ac

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
I wouldn't touch a spoked wheel for $30. Let some other sap deal with that. I did my own and considered paying someone else! LOL. I watched a few youtube videos about it. "If it is difficult you are doing it wrong". F you! LOL
ac
Nah it really isn't that bad, i just want to be able to scream at someone else if it gets EFFed up.

Next time i change my tire i'll show you. I have one particular iron that makes things VERY easy and two regular irons for leverage.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Nah it really isn't that bad, i just want to be able to scream at someone else if it gets EFFed up.

Next time i change my tire i'll show you. I have one particular iron that makes things VERY easy and two regular irons for leverage.
That was my big mistake. I only had 2 irons. I am pretty sure with a 3rd it would have been very easy. The 2 irons I had were just the plain Motionpros. What special do you have?
ac

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
the trick is to keep an old rear tire laying around too, so you can just rest it on that tire and hold down the tire you're mounting with your knees. Pop pop work your way around and you're done in no time (you learn quick after you pinch a few tubes).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts