Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I'm looking for someone from around the Brooklyn area (anywhere is ok tho) that has the ability to do a tune up on my 01 Sv. It needs clutch adjust, chain done, tires changed ( I have tires- if you cant thats ok) and I think it needs an oil change and (carbs done as well-if thats not possible so be it). I can spend in the neighborhood of $300. I know it not much for the work but if you need a room cleaned, or a garage cleaned I can do that in exchange. My name is Pavel my number is 415 676 8335. my email is [email protected]

the bike is not rideable only because I tried to start it too many times the battery is drained. If anyone has the time please leave your number or your email, I can get the bike to you if you cant tow it, uh, I'd really like to be able to ride by wednesday :D

Thanks guys so much, I'd rather come to soeone on the board than a shop. I think I trust you guys a lot more.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
jbswear, i hear you. however, this will be a first for me. optimally, i'd like to tune it w/ someone to learn that way. also i need a front tire replaced.

be well, everyone. thanks.

If you have a basic set of wrenches and can read, you can do ALMOST all that you listed by yourself. Trust me, it's easy.

The tire changing takes some special tools, like $20 worth of tire spoons and practice/supervision.

Syncing the carbs is expensive, unless you build a manometer yourself.

http://www.bluepoof.com/motorcycles/howto/svs_carb_sync/

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
I just did my dirt bike tires last night. Because of the tube you have to use spoons. I HATE them. LOL It was compounded by the fact that I thought metal spikes would be cool for the ice (they were).
ac
This would be for my KTM 990...pirelli scorpions, not what you would call a dirt tire persay because they need to be balanced and all that good stuff.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Nah...i'd pay the 30 bucks just to watch you sweat about scratching my pretty rims. On my KLX i don't give a crap...but this bike is minty fresh.
I wouldn't touch a spoked wheel for $30. Let some other sap deal with that. I did my own and considered paying someone else! LOL. I watched a few youtube videos about it. "If it is difficult you are doing it wrong". F you! LOL
ac

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
I wouldn't touch a spoked wheel for $30. Let some other sap deal with that. I did my own and considered paying someone else! LOL. I watched a few youtube videos about it. "If it is difficult you are doing it wrong". F you! LOL
ac
Nah it really isn't that bad, i just want to be able to scream at someone else if it gets EFFed up.

Next time i change my tire i'll show you. I have one particular iron that makes things VERY easy and two regular irons for leverage.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Nah it really isn't that bad, i just want to be able to scream at someone else if it gets EFFed up.

Next time i change my tire i'll show you. I have one particular iron that makes things VERY easy and two regular irons for leverage.
That was my big mistake. I only had 2 irons. I am pretty sure with a 3rd it would have been very easy. The 2 irons I had were just the plain Motionpros. What special do you have?
ac

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.