Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the title says it all. whats the torque for the countershaft sprocket nut? just put on a 14T and need to tighten it down.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. thats what i thought. it just seemed a little high to me for some reason. but then again, it was on there pretty freaking tight!

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have the same project coming up this week, 105 ft lbs, good to know. I'll do it by feel then check my work with torque wrench . I went 15/46 just a bit lower what does a 14 do for you, top speed in 6th gear? i believe sv's go faster in 5th than sixth.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have the same project coming up this week, 105 ft lbs, good to know. I'll do it by feel then check my work with torque wrench . I went 15/46 just a bit lower what does a 14 do for you, top speed in 6th gear? i believe sv's go faster in 5th than sixth.
actually the 14 will have more torque and less top end in comparison to yours. lowering the amount of teeth on the front sprocket or increasing teeth in the rear sprockets increase torque. also each tooth in the front is approximately the same as three in the back (talking about performance changes).

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
a 14 in the front would be close to a 47-48 on the rear. the bike is a lot snappier. sure makes popping a power wheelie a lot easier.

i actually just got back from road atlanta AMA races and we rode 120 miles up the interstate. cruising at 85mph, the tack was just below 7000rpm. so cruising rpm went up maybe 800rpm? (don't recall what it was at 85mph in stock form...i never payed attention). i'm estimating that top speed will probably go down 12-15mph. i'll find out by the end of the week. i think the highest i've registered stock was 132.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts