Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am in desperate need of a radiator fan for a 2nd Gen SV1000(S).
I have scoured ebay/craigslist etc. and have only found ones for an SV650. They are different part numbers so I am not sure if they will work or not.

Some people have mentioned finding some randomn ones as long as they are 12 volt but would those work with the SV plugs (power and switch)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Should be able to use a 2003-2005 Honda CBR600RR fan as a replacement.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MBZuki - Thanks for the input. I actually found this same recommendation elswhere and bought one for $20. Works perfect and saves me close to $400 buying the sv oem part.

·
Registered
223 Posts
MBZuki - Thanks for the input. I actually found this same recommendation elswhere and bought one for $20. Works perfect and saves me close to $400 buying the sv oem part.
Good to hear man. I'm doing the same thing myself actually soon too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does the cbr600rr entire assembly bolt straight up to a 2005 SV1000s rad or do you need to bolt the cbr fan into the SV metal cage/housing? My fan assembly is so twisted it'll be a pita trying to straighten it. Also does it have the same switch lead connector as the SV? Cheers

·
Registered
162 Posts
Does the cbr600rr entire assembly bolt straight up to a 2005 SV1000s rad or do you need to bolt the cbr fan into the SV metal cage/housing? My fan assembly is so twisted it'll be a pita trying to straighten it. Also does it have the same switch lead connector as the SV? Cheers
After buying the fan blade for the cbr600rr I can say it is definitely the correct unit, however I'd love to know the answer to your question as well because my brackets are bent and I was thinking about trying to buy an entire cbr motor with the bracket but I don't know that it is the same so if anyone can clear it up for sure..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts