Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm a relative suspension noob, and I've tried searching for the right answers to this but i've put in a ton of time without much luck so far.

I bought a wrecked 07 SV to build a track bike out of, it has a front end and shock from a 2004 GSXR 1000, but i have a few questions about getting it setup properly.

1. Where is the best place to order new springs and such for my weight? I have an extra set of forks so im just going to order what i need and get them setup for me.

2. What fork oil weight are people using for this setup?

3. Shock: My dogbones are pretty chewed(no pun intended), from the threads ive found it looks like the shock is a couple mm longer than stock, should i just stick with the OEM SV650 dogbones?

more to come im sure...

I really appreciate any help you can lend.

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
Send the forks to Zoran (www.twfracing.com) and have him set them up for you. Throw the shock away and buy a Penske.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
2. What fork oil weight are people using for this setup?
If stock valving in fork, 10wt is ideal I believe.
If cartridge/Z revalve, it may need to be like 5wt. If you have someone redo the forks, ask (they should be explicit about it) what they recommend.

Send the forks to Zoran (www.twfracing.com) and have him set them up for you. Throw the shock away and buy a Penske.
How much does Z charge for revalve? That's big concern if penske's on wishlist. I'd recommend springs and oil. $100 and it's much better for your weight.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
That's big concern if penske's on wishlist. I'd recommend springs and oil. $100 and it's much better for your weight.
Springs in those forks are .95 stock. This are not sv forks where oil change makes difference. gsxr1k forks are not that great in stock form on sv.
You can just bolt them on and take ride and see what it feels like (if .95 is good spring for your weight).

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Anywhere in particular I should buy springs?
Rich Desmond. The guy who said send forks to Zoran, he owns Sonicsprings.com.
Good wise man with quality products.

If you don't have much money, that's the most cost effective way to make forks perform better. Btw, figure out what springs are in your forks already because it's possible that they may be the correct rate. I know my gsxr front is too stiff with 1.00 springs which came stock in 2008 750. I'm thinkin about buying springs myself.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 8 of 8 Posts