Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have been really looking at a pre-owned 02' SV650S at a local motorcycle dealership. i have talked to the guy and everything....he originally wants $5599 for it. but after taxes/licensing/crap and more crap, lol...it comes out to costing me $7889. Now I am really like in love w/this bike and I want it very badly but this seems like a really high amount to be paying for a 4 year old bike with 15,053 miles. Or is it just me? Need Help guys please!!! What would you do?

·
Registered
571 Posts
you'd have to be crazy to buy that bike. i don't care how well maintained it was.

what area do you live in? i'm sure there have to be better deals to be had if you just look. and you don't have to be in a hurry now since it is winter time.

this is a buyers market right now. bikes are not selling like they do from spring till october. take your time but unless they come down several thousand bucks on that out the door price, do not buy that bike!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in washington...yea it is like the greatest looking bike and I REALLY want it, but not when im going to be paying so much more than its not worth :(

·
Registered
571 Posts
here is something i found in a very quick search on cycletrader.com

http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/8/9/81668389.htm

it has almost a quarter of the miles, a leo vince exhaust, perfect cndition and costs less than half of the one you saw.

i don't know how close you are to where it is, but it shows that there are much better deals to be had.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow...actually that bike doesnt look half bad, haha. thanks for the help man. im gonna look around cycle trader as well. thanks! oh i had a ?. the 02' bike that I was looking at is actually an SV650S not SV650. It looks different and more like a sportsbike than the plain SV650. Can I add mods to this SV650 on cycletrader to make it look like that?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
spawn_rider157 said:
Can I add mods to this SV650 on cycletrader to make it look like that?
You can, but it´s not exactly cheap - at least if you want to go for the full sportsbike look instead of, like, a front mask and clipons. And it´s not unlikely that you wouldn´t care anymore after riding the N version for a while.
Yes, I have a SVS, but a N with clipons would surely do the trick as well.

Ciao
Jan

·
Registered
88 Posts
I bought my 2002 SV650S used from a guy who decided to buy a Harley in March 2005. The bike had 820 miles on it and I paid him $3,500 for it. I've since put another $1,500 or so into it and it's track ready (or will be in April).... keep looking... Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts