Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have full coverage insurance from ALLSTATE and the crash was my fault. The bike is in ok shape but it needs parts. I need a number to work with the insurance with so a dont settle for a low ball number. My deductible is $250.00. The bike is running fine.

I left with 7 stiches in my face. broken nose sprained left leg and right wrist I admit full stupidity for not wearing full gear.

It needs Full set of upper fairings
front fairing stay
All gauges
Both mirrors
Left rearset inc/ straight shift rod
left frame slider and spool
front signals
clutch lever

Thank You For any help

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be doing all the work myself. I'm just having a hard time finding prices.

·
Banned
686 Posts
I agree with jbswear. Almost all shops will do crash estimates. Some will even do them for free.

Also, if you're making an insurance claim, the insurance company should do an estimate. They replace whatever is broken with OEM parts purchased at MSRP. This estimate will be FREE. That's why you're paying insurance premiums.

If you'd like to do the estimate yourself, go to:

http://www.worldofpowersports.com/

Where you can set up a cart with all your parts, and Suzuki OEM part numbers. I would not suggest this route, unless you are VERY familiar with not just your motorbike, but motorbikes in general. Many people forget fasteners, washers, seals, etc.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just don want the insurance company to come up with some low figure. i want to be able to know what is going to be needed by the time they get to my house whenever that may be. Thank you for the sites.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
I just don want the insurance company to come up with some low figure. i want to be able to know what is going to be needed by the time they get to my house whenever that may be. Thank you for the sites.
They won't come up with a low figure. They'll come up with actual cost (plus labor) to make your bike whole. More than likely, though, that number will be high enough to salvage the bike--plastics are terribly expensive.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would take it to a shop but I still cant move. What are my options if they do salvage it? Can I tell then I will be doing the work myself?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again for the help. When I called last week they said they would be here between monday and wednesday

·
Registered
905 Posts
As jbswear has said, in his usual way, you need to talk to your insurance company about this, not random internet folks.
Since you have a 2002 bike, the fairings alone would probably be enough to total the bike since they look at new aftermarket/oem replacements, not what you can find them for on craigslist or ebay.
Again, talk to your insurance company.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Usually when insurance assesses it they will go by the book for parts and labor and give you a check. If they don't total it, pick up as many of the parts you can from the classified section and put the money you save from OEM and labor into mods or pocket it ;)

·
very big dumb
8,897 Posts
They won't come up with a low figure. They'll come up with actual cost (plus labor) to make your bike whole. More than likely, though, that number will be high enough to salvage the bike--plastics are terribly expensive.
and if you use a shop, once the work is in progress and you find more issues, the shop can file a supplemental claim ("when we took this off, we found this broken thing so gives more money")

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
They are likely going total it out. Get estimates from local shops

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I cant really take it around to local shops. Its in my garage and I am in no shape to load it up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have allstate for car insurance, and in the event of them assessing a vehicle as "totaled" they will give you KBB for the vehicle. you can then buy it back from them for a few hundred dollars.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts