Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay - to get rid of the shovel, I fitted a Holeshot fender eliminator (see below)
But that meant I got rid of my number plate light.
Anyway - I finally had a look at the back of my bike at night and the tail light doesn't provide nearly enough light to read the plate.
Since I'd rather not give the police any extra reasons to pull me over I want to add in something to light the plate at night.
I was thinking of wiring a couple of white LEDs and attaching them to the corners of the plate.
has anyone done anything like that? will LEDs provide enough light?
Any other suggestions as to what I could do?

·
Registered
684 Posts
those are pointed out not down, i use these on my truck. like them alot you can even get them through summitracing http://www.designengineering.com/products.asp?m=sc&cid=5 also, the dei lights have a small incadesent light with a filiment so they do burn out, but the holes are the perfect size to fit a white l.e.d in. been there done that

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks gotalf.
They look like exactly what I'm after :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
+1 onthe LITE-N-Boltz. just spliced them into the existing plate light wires. work great. I know there are some LED type lights like these except they are not actual bolts, just a light you add in a strategic place. I like the lite n bolts becaus ehtye kill 2 birds with 1 stone...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts