Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend has K8 Blue SVS. Its been dropped twice but the damage is minimal just scratches. Whats a good price to list? NADA is $6500

·
Registered
328 Posts
My friend is selling his 08 SVS that was dropped once with minor scratches for $5800 if that helps any. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'm kinda noticing a pattern here that these 08s like the ground, by the way my 08n i dropped once in my truck so no scratches just a big dent in the tank. I was thinking if i sold it i would like to get 4 grand.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I just bought a new 071K with lower fairings thrown in for 6800. I would peg the bike to sell around the 5500 mark. But then again an idiot is born every day.

·
Registered
459 Posts
My 08 SVSF hasn't hit the ground yet. Had a couple close calls due to sand, but she's still purdy and dent free.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I bought my '07S for less than $6K out the door, brand new... FYI.
This. They can be had for 6k new, so I laugh whenever I see a used one, even not dropped, for anywhere near that. Over 5k seems like a rip off. Ask for 5.5k and see what you get for offers. My guess is that your NADA figure is not for a dropped bike.

This is why beginners shouldn't have brand new bikes.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This. They can be had for 6k new, so I laugh whenever I see a used one, even not dropped, for anywhere near that. Over 5k seems like a rip off. Ask for 5.5k and see what you get for offers. My guess is that your NADA figure is not for a dropped bike.This is why beginners shouldn't have brand new bikes.

By no means was this too much bike it was just too tall.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
$6500 is way too high you can get a brand new one for that, I would hope to get closer to $5500 and even that seems like a long shot right now.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I figured the full NADA price was too much to ask for a bike that'd been dropped. I was just using that as a high ball park estimate of what she could plan to get out of it. This may mean she has to keep it for a little while longer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have and 06 naked sv that I've been trying to sell for about 4.5k to 4k. it has a few mods but I haven't seen much interest so might need to lower the price. I thought it was a reasonable price, but maybe the economy or the time of the year is working against me.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have and 06 naked sv that I've been trying to sell for about 4.5k to 4k. it has a few mods but I haven't seen much interest so might need to lower the price. I thought it was a reasonable price, but maybe the economy or the time of the year is working against me.
Probablly a mixture of both... I bougth my 07 naked SV about a month ago for 4000. Had under 4000miles on it too.

But I had problems selling my Ninja 250, but finally got it sold for what i wanted.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts