Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I need a pair of good race gloves to start doing track days (next month). Can anyone recommend a good pair of race gloves that is affordable. I know you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
what size and do you have a color preference? i have a new pair of komodo's top gloves and they're a hair big for me. they're size large. i also have their middle line glove and its what i wear all the time. i'd sell 'em cheap since they gave 'em to me free. ;D

·
Registered
480 Posts
i've used alpinestars gp plus and gp tech. imo the gp plus are one-crash gloves. people swear by the gp tech but i didn't like them. they were uncomfortable, although they would probably protect your hands in a crash. i'm sure they would be fine once they are broken in, but i now use held kangaroo gloves. they are comfortable from the get-go. i've also crash tested them and they held up well.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I've been wearing Kushitani GP Pro gloves for years, strong and tough. I like the new Joe Rocket gloves too.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I've heard that the held gloves are top notch but it all depends on what fits you and what level of protection and comfort you are willing to pay for. Good luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Jacob said:
I've heard that the held gloves are top notch but it all depends on what fits you and what level of protection and comfort you are willing to pay for.  Good luck.
I've crashed in my Held Profi gloves twice now, one a low side at Laguna, and one a high side at Sears Pt. and so far so good.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Did the gloves actually touch the ground? Mine didn't look so hot after a minor lowside.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My Held Akiras have been through something like 4 or 5 crashes now, and despite being beat down, have kept my hands pain and rash free. They also been used as my commuter glove when it's not freezing or raining for the last year plus.

And yes, they hit the ground at some point in every crash. They worked well in the crash in the dirt, the fast crash on the asphalt and the slow high and painful crash where I smacked my hand on the ground.

I wouldn't wear any other glove (plus this style fits me the best, so I'm kinda stuck with it over the profi and galaxy).

·
Registered
336 Posts
i have the a* gp gloves. $99.99 and held up fine on my lowside at sledges.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts