Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of getting a yosh slip-on or full exhaust system...haven't decided which one yet. My question is, would i be able to just slap on the exhaust and go or would i have to get a power commander or remap my stock ecu?

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
you dont HAVE to remap(pcIII or teka) with full system.. remapping WILL give better performance though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you don´t remap it (with a f/s) you´ll loose smoothness and that feeling of "all-the-way-torque", like happened with me.
I think you´ll probably loose some real perfomance (at least in acceleration). You´ll get backfire and popping too (popping will become a pain in the a$$), but this could be solved by disabling PAIR.

So, if you´re just into the "sound" a slip-on will be better, other way be prepared to spend a few more $$$.

Note: i´ve got a micron f/s, K&N and now a PCIII USB.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
my popping decel is the best thing about my slipon holeshot. well that and the sound of pure acceleration that puts a smile on my face

·
Registered
68 Posts
My bike doesnothing wrong at all, seat-of-the pants, with an M4 full system and no PC. I have not run it on the EGA, but I would not assume you definitely need the box.

·
Registered
105 Posts
basically if you dont NEED it..but if you want your motor to run optimally for power and run at the correct fuel mixture then yes...you do want it. I have only a yosh rs-3 slip on and k&n filter and spending $80 to get my pcIII dyno tuned make over 75 rwhp and I know it is running the way it should

J

·
0 Posts
ok, it seems no one gets it, but YOU DON'T NEED A PCIII for a remap of the fuel!!! call around and see who's got a YOSHI box - it plugs right into the wireharness and presto - new map on the stock ECU! now you got money to buy those lowers! ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah...
The only trouble seems to be that Yoshi box doesn´t work that well with our 16 bit ECU.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
use teka tool then... teka map doesnt erase if battery is unplugged

M

·
0 Posts
I was considering taking it off completely, but for fear of water entering the airbox...i did the next best thing which was to use the snorkel off a Sv1000 which is a little more than twice the size of the 650 snorkel.

·
Registered
105 Posts
unless you plan on riding thru the rain..dont worry about water in the airbox. Just be careful when u wash it and it will be just fine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts