Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am converting a sv650s to naked and i am undecided on headlight choice. Does anyone have any pics of different headlight set ups that they like? Or any suggestions of where to look.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Acerbis has many cool headlights, all are cheap but few make decent light.

I have the Blitz that I modified to house a 1,000,000 candlepower spotlight. ;D

·
Registered
830 Posts
I'm in the middle of putting on the dual headlights and flyscreen from an '05 buell lightening
should look pretty sweet.

only $150 or so for the light, flyscreen and turnsignals with some bolts and brackets.
another $50 for LP headlight bracket.

mounting the lights will be tricky as they mount from the bottom on the Buell. have to get creative.

anyone done this successfully?

i'll post pics when I get it started.

·
Registered
9 Posts
what buell flyscreen did you get for $50???
when i looked into the flyscreens they were like $80.00 and till i got all the brackets and everything it would have cost like $150.00 or there about??

I would like to add the fly screen, but i was hoping to do it all for like $100.00.

thanks

·
Registered
830 Posts
leukus said:
what buell flyscreen did you get for $50???
when i looked into the flyscreens they were like $80.00 and till i got all the brackets and everything it would have cost like $150.00 or there about??

I would like to add the fly screen, but i was hoping to do it all for like $100.00.

thanks
Hmm.. i threw away my receipt.
but i got the lightening (9 or 12?) flyscreen and dual headlight with some bolts, turn signals and the metal bracket in between the headlight and the flyscreen for somewhere between 100 and 150.

that's not much help..

got it from the local harley dealer. they suck. had to go back 3 times and each time they fucked something up. never did get all my bolts, so wound up going to a hardware store to get the misc. stuff.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Not sure who has the best prices on Acerbis stuff these days. I am going to be selling mine soon-comes with number plate

·
Registered
830 Posts
not to dampen any sales.. but acerbis stuff has incredibly crappy illumination. more for looks than light.

·
Registered
167 Posts
yellow650 said:
not to dampen any sales.. but acerbis stuff has incredibly crappy illumination. more for looks than light.
I hope you have some first hand experience to back up that statement.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Evan said:
I hope you have some first hand experience to back up that statement.
well.. you're going to be dissapointed, becasue I don't. But have talked with multiple people who went the acerbis route and they all say the same thing. so you could say i've taken a survey and 100% of folks are not happy wih the light

·
Registered
653 Posts
yellow650 said:
well.. you're going to be dissapointed, becasue I don't.  But have talked with multiple people who went the acerbis route and they all say the same thing.  so you could say i've taken a survey and 100% of folks are not happy wih the light
Thats not the same thing as saying 0% of Acerbis light users are happy. Have you asked everyone who uses them and what are thery comparing the illuminatin to?

I love research and statistics....and being a PITA ;D

·
Registered
830 Posts
algreen said:
Thats not the same thing as saying 0% of Acerbis light users are happy. Have you asked everyone who uses them and what are thery comparing the illuminatin to?

I love research and statistics....and being a PITA ;D
maybe some of the those with difficulty seeing don't really notice a difference, but I feel confident from my in-thorough survey in saying that they are much dimmer than stock. And I personally don't think stock is that bright. 8)

here's what's going on my hog soon:

unfortunately.. i have no real plan for mounting them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts