Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im Ready to burn off my rear tire, was wondering a good tire for my naked SV in minnesota with cold and hot bumpy roads?? and if im doing that i would like to do the sprocket mode, what size sproket and chain, any help would be cool.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
michelin pilot power tires, change both front and rear tire

rk xso chain with afam or renthal sprockets .. 15tooth front & 46tooth rear

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably the reason you didn't get much help is because you didn't give folks much to go on. What kind of riding do you do? What kind of rider are you? How do you use your bike?

:)

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Matt Grunzke said:
Im Ready to burn off my rear tire, was wondering a good tire for my naked SV in minnesota with cold and hot bumpy roads?? and if im doing that i would like to do the sprocket mode, what size sproket and chain, any help would be cool.
hmm, minnesota sounds like riding in new england, frost heaves break up the roads a bit

I run Avon azaro STs I usually list the gambit of latest technology sport touring tires, but this time I have to recommend the Azaro STs , even with the high pressures they run, they still have a flexible carcass, they ride over irregularities good, I'm on my 4th set now, I have been getting 10,000-13,000 miles from a pair, I don't get a flat spot in the center after riding 1500 continuous miles of highway, front tires do not visually scallop, they are ok on gravel roads also , a good wet tire

chain & sprockets, per mile cost, you can't beat OEM, as far as recommending gearing changes, it depends on what you want

if you having a problem with the front wheel being filled with helium, like I had, you would want to go from a 15t in front to a 16t however if you have a problem getting it up, then you would drop to a 14t in front

·
Registered
606 Posts
Try the All-season Pilot Powers! Awesome tires!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts