Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I installed my rearsets I noticed there was barely enough line slack to install the rear master cylinder. Now I'm getting ready to install a Penske with ride height adjustment and I'm not sure the line will be long enough slack once I raise the rear end. Not to mention my axle is just about fully forward in the swingarm so I can't move it back if I need to.

Does anyone know if a Galfer SS line is longer than stock by any amount? Or if there is a readily available hose from another model, say GSXR, that will fit a 2nd gen?

Got a track day next weekend and don't think I'll have time to get a custom line made. Hoping there is a readily available alternative.

Did anyone else have a problem with the stock line being too short?

·
Registered
50 Posts
my stock line was too short, so i used a gsxr rear line i had laying around.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I have a stock 05 GSXR rear line still in good shape. It's a fair amount longer than the SV's rear line, but if you route it properly you shouldn't have a problem. Pay for shipping and it's yours.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just called them and they said if I send in my order before 3:00 it'd be shipped same day. Think I'll give it a shot.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Just called them and they said if I send in my order before 3:00 it'd be shipped same day. Think I'll give it a shot.
Just so I know if I decide to do the same thing, how long did you tell them to make it?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just so I know if I decide to do the same thing, how long did you tell them to make it?

Haven't ordered it yet. Figured I'd do it over the weekend and order on Monday.

I put a tape measure to my bike and figure 18" would allow me enough slack to slide the wheel all the way back in the slots. That's longer than I'd need but would cover any instance I may run into.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts