Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, wife's '01 SVS battery is heading out to pasture. I looked for previous threads on recommended replacements, but only found a few threads discussing. I'm seeing brands like Koyo and PowerMax as lower-cost replacements. Any experiences with off-brand batteries? Is it worth the extra $25 to get a stock one? Will it really last longer? Any words of advice are appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I see you never got any replies to your question. I've used whatever Wal-Mart's house brand is. Never had any problems with it. But I also found that you can get pretty good prices on the stock Yuasa battery from online stores like parts411.com

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
the stock yuasa is a pretty good battery. other brands are likely to be almost as good, but probably slightly inferior. if money is a concern, i wouldn't worry about a no-name brand battery.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I always put the cheapest batteries I can find in my cars. I dont have any experience changing batteries in bikes, but as long as the cold crank amperage is sufficient enough, and the size is right, it should be just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts