Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm looking to get a sv650s but it seem they are rare at least around the north east region. does anyone know where I can look? would buying one from the dealer better than private owner?
i'm a new rider. any advice on buying a used bike?
what should i look for, how to bargain, etc?

Thanks,
TN

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I would check out the local craigslist and any dealers in the area that may have one. Once you find one you like do some research on the bike (check out the tips section and the search around on here) and get it checked out by a mechanic. Look for wear, high mileage, scratches or dents that may indicate being dropped or just overall neglect. If it seems fishy check it out. Better to do your homework and pass on a bad deal then find out a little too late.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Tinng,

I've got an '03 Silver SV650s with 2,300 miles. I'm in ohio. U? What kind of money you looking to spend. You can PM me if you'd like.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tinng,

I've got an '03 Silver SV650s with 2,300 miles. I'm in ohio. U? What kind of money you looking to spend. You can PM me if you'd like.
OHIO?
I'm in NJ. There aren't too many around here. Only found 3 around the tri-state area. i'm looking to spend no more than 3000. How much are you looking for?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Craigs list has lots of options

I just did a quick search of Craig’s list for Central NJ and came up with several sv650's with quite a few around the price your looking.

Good luck on your search. SV is a great bike and with the proper care and mods will provide years of riding pleasure.
I only found 2. 1 is a 2002 with 18k miles. that's high mileage. plus i don't like the style. the other is a 2004. the rest are sv650. i'm looking for sv650s
I don't like the round head light. so, the 2004 is the only one in the area.
already emailed the guy and waiting for his reply.
It's a 2004 with 5900 miles. he's asking for 3500. my coworker who rides a harley says to offer him 3000. do you think that's low balling or that's a good start?
thanks all.

·
Registered
589 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts