Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my 2007 is about to hit 15000 and i need to check the valves. i had planned on doing it next week since i have a the whole week off due to the crappy economy...not a good time to be in the auto manufacturing industry. anyway. i don't have a service manual, and have been unsuccessful in finding detailed instructions here or online. i need to figure it out in the next couple of days so i can do it on monday or tuesday. i want to be able to enjoy the rest of the week riding since i won't be working. can somebody direct me to instructions, or describe how they did it? i am mechanically inclined, aka, an auto mechanic. help will be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
8,604 Posts
Hi benperry,

You can download the manual here:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/7530846/Suzuki-SV650K3-Workshop-Manual-Parts-Catalog

It's hard to beat the free .PDF manual, but the $75.99 for the hard copy genuine Suzuki Service Manual (K3/K4/K5/K6/K7/K8) was the best money I've ever spent on my bike. Manual Part#= (99500-36125-03E). Just my 2 cents, but would stay away from the aftermarket manuals.

The copyright on the PDF version says 2003, and the schematics are not accurate for 2004 through 2008 as there are subtle differences between almost all the models and years.

You could argue that the schematics are close enough, but that 1% difference throws everything into doubt for me. The hard copy shows 14 different schematics.

Also, it's hard to get a PDF file properly greased up like you can with the real thing!;D

Cheers!

Edit: apparently '8 )' translates to 'cool happy face'

1 - 2 of 2 Posts