Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used or is anyone successfully using one of these modules in their brake light system. With this installed , your brake light will turn on when the engine is braking, you are downshifting, and of course the usual brakes being applied. Sounds great, doesn't it? A simple little module with 3 connections to make, compatible with all motorcycles, 12v or 6v bulb voltages, LEDs, halogen or HID brake lights!

I can't get mine to work properly, as when I connect the 3rd wire, the brake lights go full on. The only thing I can think of is product failure or there is a trick to the installation that I missed. Any Ideas anyone?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remember that we can't see what you have done without you providing a description, photos, or video.
Thank you for reminding me. (1) Instruction sheet note wire colors and any notes I have made. (2) Main brake light line tapped ready for connection (the red taps apply to this job) (3) ST2 Module wires tapped ready to be connected per instruction sheet. (Blue taps are used for luggage rack brake lights)
Handwriting Font Material property Pattern Parallel
Motor vehicle Yellow Vehicle Gas Auto part
Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Gas Machine Engineering

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's what I have done. (1) Luggage wiring just added a few days before and the case is removed and problem was before luggage. I will, however, cut the wires off today to keep the problem simple. 2) Note the velcro on the side. It was meticulously placed horizontally in the compartment but removed from the instructed position to take the pictures of the wiring. I have held it in my hand and moved it to different positions and even shook it gently: Sounds like little ball bearings inside; broken? 3) I just yesterday put my multi-meter to the ground wire at the factory harness and no ground! That will be solved today, as this complicates the situation.

Here's what you all have helped me reason out so far. The problem was when 2 wires were connected to the ST2, the brake lights worked perfectly. When I connected the 3rd wire, the brake light went to always on. There must be an internal short in the module and it's faulty. I tried to email the seller and the emails (2 diff addresses) failed delivery. I was hoping someone else had actually used the device and had a better customer service address than myself. The way this is going, I'm hoping to solve this with a new unit before Xmas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts