Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so as the ever deepening saga of me and the $200 SV continues, I am getting closer to having a happy bike. I finally pulled the carbs and found a bunch of jelly like crap in the bowls, I pulled the floats, and cleaned the jets/bowl/ and all the passages, I DID remove the needle valve and gave a good cleaner shot to both and had good flow to the fuel inlet. never messed with the adjustment, and put it all back together, the bike is finally running well but it is starving for fuel at about 8500 rpm, It pulls hard till then but if you back out of it a bit, and then slam the throttle again it will scream and pull hard to the red line, so I am confident it is a starvation issue. SO did i screw something in the adjustment or something in the needle valve when I removed it, I just pulled the little snap ring thing off and put it back on? or do I have something in the fuel pump, and if so will I be able to pull it apart and clean it or do I need to get a new one?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't think you screwed anything up at all and think you should try putting fresh gas and sea foam in the tank for the next few hundred miles. The main jets might still be a little clogged, while you did say you cleaned the jets with a spray, I've found letting the jets sit in carb cleaner and then using a tooth brush and the spray cleaner to really get the gunk varnish off.

See if that works and if not than you might need some more cleaning time with the jets and main jet holder

·
Registered
744 Posts
Pull the carbs and clean them again. Be sure to pull everything apart, including the enricher circuit. Soak the jets in carb cleaner. If you don't go through a can and a half of carb cleaner, you're not doing a good enough job.

The second thing you should absolutely do is install an inline fuel filter. You don't know what gunk you're pulling in from your gas tank, and the "fuel filter" which is in there is a joke.

It probably wouldn't hurt to change your plugs as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK so tonight I cleaned out the fual pump, and was looking at the air filter, it was looking pretty rough so I took it for a wuick ride without it ans the bike performed noticably better, it pulled hard with almost no misses untill about
10k, so I need a new filter but I still am getting the idea that maybe there is one more thing in this formula. maybe I hsould look at the jets again, or just try the sea foam, are you guys running a whole can in one tank and then running it till it is almost empty?

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you take the carbs apart again, make sure the slides move freely and the rubber isn't cracked.
Good luck
Mike M.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts