Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone!!! I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I just got an SV650S a couple of days ago. I'm looking for an anti-theft device. Does anyone know what kind would be good for me to get?

I just got my SV650S yesterday and I wanted to know what kind of anti-theft devices would be good for me to get. I'm living in an apartment with carports, need some quick information about the one to when on the go as well. What do you guys use? By the way, I also need a website about helmet to purchase one online, any recommendation?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Generally recommended for short stints of street parking in public places would be a disc lock with an alarm, preferably one that fits on your rear disc. For parking at home always have it under a cover and preferably lock it with a heavy chain to a fixed, heavy, or at least bulky object.

However, in the end you won't be able to stop a dedicated thief, so I'd look into bumping up your insurance coverage to include theft.

Luckily SV650's don't seem to be on the top hit list for common thieves. But I had junkies steal my tools twice and trying to lift the bike once (brute force attempt) from my building's garage, so there's that.

·
Registered
909 Posts
As above. If they want it they will usually get it but if you do have some Security devices it can make them move to another bile that doesn't have any if there are multiple bikes.

I have a Disc lock with Reminder flex and use an old Android phone with,"Globio" app that turns the phone into a Tracker-Alarm set to silent that sends me a text if my Bike is moved and I just switch it on and sling it under the rear seat(It has Arming delay). It can also send the Geo-location IIRC. You just need a cheap PAYG Sim card in the phone with a bit of credit on it.

If I can't be bothered with that I sling one of these under my rear seat,

:)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hello everyone!!! I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I just got an SV650S a couple of days ago. I'm looking for an anti-theft device. Does anyone know what kind would be good for me to get?

I just got my SV650S yesterday and I wanted to know what kind of anti-theft devices would be good for me to get. I'm living in an apartment with carports, need some quick information about the one to when on the go as well. What do you guys use? By the way, I also need a website about helmet to purchase one online, any recommendation?

Thanks a lot!
Just keep in mind that if they want your bike, they're going to take it. I just had a bike stolen this morning. The bike had a disk brake lock, a handbrake lock, a dirty cover, and it was parked next to a nicer looking bike. It took them less than 2 minutes for them to lift up the bike and throw it in the back of a van. Also, the GPS I installed lets me know where the bike currently is (before it gets stripped, sold off, or wrecked in a joyride) but the cops are still dragging their feet to bust down doors.

There's no 100% guarantee that your bike will not get stolen. All you can do is make it harder for them to steal. Since you have a carports around, I would recommend getting a heavy duty chain and lock to anchor your bike to a post in addition to what I have above. Good luck.

·
Registered
615 Posts
If where you plan on parking it, see if theres a support post for the carport and get a NY Chain to chain the bike to the post.

As for helmets, go to a SHOP that has them (Cycle Gear has a good selection from low costs to higher end). Try them on and find one that fits correctly. Dont worry about graphics/color until you find a model(s) that fit correctly. Dont order them online unless you worn that model already. An ill fitting helmet is nearly as bad as not wearing one in a crash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts