Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so first off, let me admit that i am by no means a mechanic. After looking at the instructions for the install at www.powercommander.com it looked easy enough so i thought i'd save myself some money on labor and do it myself. Hopefully some of you have done the install and can give me some pointers or maybe i'd just be better off taking it to a shop. My bike again is the '05 650s. I've definetly found the first plug you're supposed to locate but my hands are so big i can't see what i'm doing and can't get the darn thing disconnected. I also am making a slightly educated guess as to the second plug that the unit plugs into. I haven't even gotten to the little gray wire and grounding it yet. If anyone has better pics of it then powercommander.com or could tell me a little more specifically how everything disconnects/reconnects. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
176 Posts
i have a powercommander, and installed it myself. the actual installation was about as vanilla and straightforward as you can get. i found the installation guide that accompanied it to be more than adequate, and i'm by no means a mechanic. i agree with you, the most complicated thing was getting at the plugs, i actually removed the air filter to get easier access. this may aid you, good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts