Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a track day tomorrow, and I had notice after greasing my chain tonight that when I pull my clutch when the bike is in first gear, the bike doesn't fall in Neutral... What the ****? :facepalm:

I have bypass my kickstand switch last week, it might have a relation with this problem?

I have to work this thing out before tomorrow morning!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he is up on is rear stand. In first gear, the rear wheel keep spinning even if I fully pull the clutch lever...

·
Premium Member
3,229 Posts
You probably need to take in some of the slack in the clutch cable. Start by screwing the lever adjuster on the handlebar OUT a few threads and see if that helps. there should be ~1" of loose travel at the tip of the lever if it is stock. figure about 3/4" to 1/2" if using shorties. Too much play will not allow the clutch plates to fully dissengage.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fixed...

I think I'm to stress out for tomorrow :dizzy:... clutch seems ok, not stopping right after I pull the cultch but a little rear brake makes the job!

But I'll sure do the clutch adjustment to get rid of the problem!

THANKS! :)

·
Premium Member
3,229 Posts
I was definitely apprehensive before my first track day two months ago. NOW I'M HOOKED!! :panic: Just breath!!(make sure to while in the corners ;) too)

·
Registered
198 Posts
One thing to bear in mind.. When there is no static load on the tire (aka friction from the road), the viscosity of the oil between the clutch plates will transfer the motion (think of a torque converter). In otherwords, if you are on the ground, and you are sitting on the bike with the gearbox in first, clutch in, and either the engine is bogging or the bike eagerly wants to roll forward, then you are fine. There should be a distinct notion of where the friction zone is, at which point the engine will start bogging and you will fill the bike attempt to roll forward. If this isn't there, than you know for sure.

This is the same reason the bike kind of lurches a little when you turn it over with it in gear with the clutch pulled in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
One thing to bear in mind.. When there is no static load on the tire (aka friction from the road), the viscosity of the oil between the clutch plates will transfer the motion (think of a torque converter). In otherwords, if you are on the ground, and you are sitting on the bike with the gearbox in first, clutch in, and either the engine is bogging or the bike eagerly wants to roll forward, then you are fine. There should be a distinct notion of where the friction zone is, at which point the engine will start bogging and you will fill the bike attempt to roll forward. If this isn't there, than you know for sure.

This is the same reason the bike kind of lurches a little when you turn it over with it in gear with the clutch pulled in.
Yup what he said^

1 - 8 of 8 Posts