Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get rid of my stock exhaust i have a 2006 suzuki sv650s and would like to here what other SV riders think of there's and what they have, and what they have heard about others. i have been looking to to Delkevic there not to pricey and still sound awesome from what i can tell but on there web site it says not intended for road use (does that mean not legal for street use) . any other info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
869 Posts
Do a search and millions upon millions of threads will come up. Seriously, this topic has been covered ad nauseum so you should be able to find what you want and a whole lot more

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Agreed with carpe, and also, there is not a single pipe on the market that will tell you that their pipe is intended for road use. They will simply say "For track use only" which is a damn lie.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You can buy my old Scorpion, looks and sounds great. It's a little beat up but that makes it cheap, check out my FS thread and make me an offer.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Agreed with carpe, and also, there is not a single pipe on the market that will tell you that their pipe is intended for road use. They will simply say "For track use only" which is a damn lie.
It's because many states have laws that state modification to exhaust can not cause an increase in sound level over stock. And pretty much every slip-om/full exhaust will do that. Therefore they must have that disclaimer, legally speaking.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
It's just like putting a serving size on chips, they tell me eat 12 chips, but no. I'm gonna eat the whole bag. :rock:

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
get a full M4 or Yoshi with PCIII
A waste of money on the SV IMO. An aftermarket exhaust is a glorified noise maker on the SV and a fully exhaust an a PCIII is a lot to spend for sound. Delkevic is the best deal and it sounds great. I dont even have a full exhaust on my GSX-R 750 because the cost outweighs the gains. I also dont need my bike to have any more power than it already does lol

·
Registered
731 Posts
A waste of money on the SV IMO. An aftermarket exhaust is a glorified noise maker on the SV and a fully exhaust an a PCIII is a lot to spend for sound. Delkevic is the best deal and it sounds great. I dont even have a full exhaust on my GSX-R 750 because the cost outweighs the gains. I also dont need my bike to have any more power than it already does lol
It is expensive, but itll sound like a Duc 749 ;D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Since you mentioned Delkevic, I assume you're looking on the low end. Check out Danmoto.com. I just replaced the Delkevic 9" on my track bike w/ a Danmoto. Pretty impressed w/ the quality for the price...except for the rubber piece in the hanger (ask for a silicone piece instead of the one they send...it melts). Also, much smoother sound than the Delk.

FYI, they also have 1st gen exhausts on their International site...same price and arrived in less than a week.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts