Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was on the way to work and my countershaft spocket came off and oil leaked out for the second time is started ticking I put more oil in it but it's still making a knocking ticking noise and now it won't crank but it has oil in it I didn't write it long with no oil

·
Super Moderator
8,466 Posts
so your front sprocket completely came off? is there a nut on it?
oil coming out of the seal behind it? or from somewhere else? did the chain bust a hole in the case?
knocking ticking noise... loud or quiet?
wont crank could be a slew of other unrelated things (electrical system, etc)

·
Registered
19 Posts
oil dumped out for the second time it was loud lost all power I tried to make it a lil ways to get back home but it kept bogging so I had to shut it down. the cou tershaft nut kept coming off with it the oil seal. is my moter ruined?

·
Super Moderator
8,466 Posts
im assuming your older issues with fuel etc were sorted already?

if you ran the motor with the oil light on, most likely you caused some (or a lot of) damage.

countershaft nut has a washer behind it that gets bent to prevent it from spinning. the seal and spacer behind it are a fairly easy job, just pull the old seal and spacer, push in a new one (just to flush dont bottom it out) replace countershaft washer, replace countershaft nut, bend countershaft washer around the nut.

however, you should probably figure out if you fried the crank and rod bearings etc. if you ran it without oil, likely the bogging is because the motor is seizing or getting no compression. HOWEVER, it could also be your old no power issue from a month ago?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oh no I'm sure it doesn't have nothing to do with the fuel pump I had got that fixed but I just got the bike back home it will crank and run but there is a loud tapping noise and the bike has no power whatsoever so I'm guessing it could be a million different things maybe you have some input my uncle thinks I may have guarded the piston and it's slapping in there

·
Super Moderator
8,466 Posts
get a long screwdriver and identify the source of the noise...
but most likely motor is fucked

1 - 8 of 8 Posts