Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, due to the Fact the Search-Engine really $uck$ i finally registered!
Now my Question....
can anybody give me some information about how to put a 2001 GSXR RaceTail on the stock SV subframe? I really want to make this mod so i hope somebody can give me some information! I saw this mod in the photo gallery but i never got response to my mails :( ......

THX

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Yellow Nudist said:
PM DonnieJ, I recall him talking about this.
I have 2004 GSXR600 tail plastics, I don't think they'll fit on the SV's subframe. I know at minimum you need to cut the grab rails off the lower struts to even be able to get it to slide. I have a feeling that the rear of the subframe is still going to be too wide. This is with the 2004 tail which is 1 piece, if yours is 2 piece this should make it much easier...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tail-Mod

Hi...
I know..the 2004 won't fit!
But i saw a few guys having the 2001 (as i know in 2001 the 600,750 and 1000 tails were all the same) tail sitting on the stock subframe!
Here is an image:

In my opinion this really looks awesome!

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, that fits clean and flush. Are those Gix fairings too?

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Re: Tail-Mod

german_SVS said:
Hi...
I know..the 2004 won't fit!
:roll: It might not fit now... but neither did the 1972 Kawi H2 tail when I started :twisted:

I'd be a little surprised if you didn't have to move something around; ie. rectifier or brake reservoir... Neither is too difficult to re-locate...

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
donniej said:
Yellow Nudist said:
Wow, that fits clean and flush. Are those Gix fairings too?
+1, very nice looking... BUT is that the stock exhaust???
Its for sure is... I can spot that funny little Gen 1 can anytime! :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tail-Mod

Yes thats the stock exhaust! :roll:
Later he installed that really amazing Micron high-pipe!
:twisted:

He never answered on of my mails but he postet those pics in 2001!
Maybe he isn't an active member anymore!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tail-mod

:?: I don't understand what you mean ..... :idea:

Anyway... if no one can give me any tips i have to order the race-tail from sebimoto and try it ......the reason why i want it to fit on the stock frame is the TÜV :evil: In Germany it's not so easy to get your Ideas on the street if you know what i mean...... :wink:

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
I meant that in every sentence you ended them with!
It's OK, I was just picking on you! :D

I didn't realize that in Germany you can't modify the subframe. What I would do in your situation is order a race tail made of fiberglass. Fiberglass is easy to work with and you can attach your own mounts to it using expoxy resin. Airtech sells them...

Please let us know how you make out. Many others have asked about this too. Thank you.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Race Tail Mod

I think there's no other way then :wink:
I hope i'll get it as snug and sexy as that guy! I'll order the race tail from sebimoto. It's made of fiberglass and you can get it without any drilled holes. I'll report any progress as soon as i get the tail! :twisted:

Thanks and nice talking donniej

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GSXR tail

if you are putting it on a race bike, just cut the front points(ear) a bit and I think the seat pan has to be trimed a bit but it bacially bolts right up. Some people have made brackets for the rear top with a zus fastener but if you cut the seat pan right the seat will sit on top of the tail so when you are sitting on the bike the tail is secure. The gsxr tail is wider so I cut spacers where the tail mounts to the subframe maybe 1-2 inches or so.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts