Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an 01 svs. I love the naked look and have aquired a set of naked gauges and mount but have since reliazed that I either need to change my triples or drill some holes to mount this thing. I also saw that the harness is different and will require some attention to get it shortened and plugged into my new gauges.

Is it fine to drill into a top triple? And has anyone changed the harness over from an S to the N and can give me some tips before I jump into this.

·
Registered
905 Posts
My advice: try running the converted naked with the S clip ons before making a handlebar change. Airflow changes a ton without a fairing and you might find you actually prefer the clip ons. If comfort issues are driving the S -> N conversion, then disregard the above.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Tequila works for me.... :dontknow:

I would recommend getting a set of N triple clamps. You could drill the S and it would work, but me... there is just not enough meat in the triple to be safe. Adding washers and such might alieviate the stresses a bit, but I'd rathernot chance it.

You can find eBay or contact Nudist and get a set of naked triples at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
63 Posts
sounds like a personal problem to me. :p

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Tequila works for me.... :dontknow:

I would recommend getting a set of N triple clamps. You could drill the S and it would work, but me... there is just not enough meat in the triple to be safe. Adding washers and such might alieviate the stresses a bit, but I'd rathernot chance it.

You can find eBay or contact Nudist and get a set of naked triples at a reasonable price.
Si senor - I do have a set!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts