Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 SV that's track-prepped, but with the Vortex clip-ons, the bars sit lower than the stock ones did. This presents an issue, because the clutch cable is now a little long and hits the tach mount on the fairing stay when I turn the bars all the way to the right.

I need to find another cable that will fit the SV that's a few inches shorter. Any suggestions?

Here's a pic of the cable:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine does this too... no big deal, its only full lock.

If you want shorter though, call Motion Pro and tell 'em what you need.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wrote to zoran about his cable. Odd routing because of the straight cable.

It routes around the front of the steering head, around the overflow bottle, under the thermostat housing and back to the engine cover on the left side of the bike.

So, it goes around the right side of the bike back to the left to attach.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've got a very similar setup on my track sv with GPtech stay.

I got Zoran's (it's a motion pro BTW) and installed it and have never had a problem with it routing wise or hanging up on anything. And yes, it does go around the headstock and into the frame spars on the throttle side.

Or if you believe you've got something unique you could always have Motion Pro make up a custom one for you...

HTH

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got a very similar setup on my track sv with GPtech stay.

I got Zoran's (it's a motion pro BTW) and installed it and have never had a problem with it routing wise or hanging up on anything. And yes, it does go around the headstock and into the frame spars on the throttle side.

Or if you believe you've got something unique you could always have Motion Pro make up a custom one for you...

HTH
This setup just seems odd. Doesn't it stretch (no pun intended) the limits of the cable's length when you turn the bars all the way to the left?

Do you possibly have a pic of the cable routing?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nope, it's clean. There is no stretch/bend at all regardless of how the bars are turned.

I have my whole project here.

But maybe this picture is good enough.

Don't be fooled by the gauges, it's a first gen.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't remember and will have to look and that's not gonna happen till either this or next weekend. so it will be a bit before I get back to you about that.

Honestly, it wasn't difficult and I liked the fact that it got rid of that 90 degree bend at the lever.

I also ran the same cable on my girlfriends second gen. Again no biggie, but slightly different routing.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
So, you have it running between the steering head the right fork tube, eh? Does it then pass in front of the underside of your gas tank?

I am trying to get a visual of the complete routing. When does it come back to the left side of the bike?
Once it's around the steering head there's really only one way for it go, through the "V" under the carbs.

·
Registered
828 Posts
i have the same setup as you. i dont worry about it, its a track bike and isnt/shouldnt be at full right ever(except for manuevering in pits)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts