Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike needs some service; valve adjustment, throttle body synchronization, TPS check. I'm relatively new to the area and not a fan of bringing my bike somewhere for work but I don't have time to do this stuff myself. I've found a few shops but don't know who's good and who isn't, and I don't feel like going to a shop and paying out the nose for sub par work.

I called a friend of a friend who owns a small shop in Irvine and he quoted me $600 for the job but seeing as I paid less than $250 for the same service in OH, this price seems ridiculous. Anyone know of a decent shop that charges a reasonable rate and does good work?

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts
Drew Hoffman (aka Super Chicken) at OC Motorcycle Shop
www.ocmotorcycleshop.com
25651 Taladro Circle, Suite F
Mission Viejo, CA

He's swapped tires and head bearing for me. Wouldn't hesitate to take mine in there for anything if I couldn't or didn't have time to do it myself.

Gets lots of great reviews over on OCMoto.com.

Anywhere you go around here will be priced higher than Ohio, I think... Part of the cost of living in Sunny SoCal...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion. I don't have a trailer handy so I wound up sputtering the bike to a shop just around the corner from me, GP Motomax. Turned around in 2 days and I'm happy with both the work and the shop. I can't believe they were under my nose. Will see now if the bike runs well for the rest of the week when I ride to work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts