Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I appreciate that, and read them, however, my main problems still exist...
How the heck do you get the rear bumper off? The bolts are up under the fender/battery box, so it almost seems like it has to come out before you can get the seat fairings off.

Second, it appears that the rear bumper acts as a support piece for the rear seat. Is that piece goice to need to be replaced with a stiffener or some other support?

and finally...

What's the consensus on license plate placement and lighting? I feel that mounting the plate by drilling through the tail will eventually lead to it cracking, so do you need to support the plate internally with some sort of stiffener attached to the underside of the secondary chassis frame?

A lot of questions, I know, but I want to be thorough.

Thanks!
I think you are referring to the mud flap when you say "bumper", You should still be able to get to it with the four bolts others and myself are mentioning.

Check my website for what I did, and now sell for plate holders. I also did not want to drill in to my nice new shiny HB part. The link for my website is in my sig.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i to have an undertail by hotboddies and it came with no instrutions on how to install or even how to put the signal lights in just took my time and looked at how everything came apart and figured it out no drilling or dremiling suprizing it fit right

·
Registered
22 Posts
OK, done deal. Figured out what the issue was.
The stock battery (glove) box added about 1/8" to the thickness which was causing the rear fairings to spread slightly.

I took out my trusty dremmel, and trimmed right down the frame line. (probably could have trimmed less, but it was a good reference.

Once the stock battery box was trimmed, the hotbodies slid right into place and buttoned up.

I mounted the plate right behind the turn indicators.

Pictures to be added to post tomorrow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is a really old thread but... I can not figure out how to get the fudflap off. The bolts are between the fram and the battey/glove undertail thing. My bike has factory stripes. Which turns out is just a sticker, that sticks to both halves of the tail. So I'd rather not disasemble the tail and mess up the stripes. So how do you get them out with out completly taking the bike apart? And yes I read the second post. It still makes no sense.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts