Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to pull the trigger on a set of Battlax BT-023's for $243 shipped, and I thought there's got to be a better deal on tires somewhere out there. I know, I know...(Pilot Powers!)

Anybody seen a good deal for a sport touring tire recently?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Might find some good deals on PR2's since the PR3's are out now. I just had a set of Dunlop Roadsmart II's put on my Sprint. Not as agressive in tip-in as the BT-021's that were on it but seem better at speed for stability on the high way. Since I'm waiting for a new wheel, and some brake parts I haven't had a chance to thrash those out a bit but I think many here have had good luck with roadsmarts.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Stick with the BT-023's. That's a good price for a great tire.
Cheapest sport touring tires are Continental Conti-motions. You can get a set shipped for under $200. They are a decent single-compound tire but will only last about 5000 miles on the rear. My front had weird enough wear that i replaced it too. (never went back to Conti-motions either)
Michelin Pilot Road 2's are fine, but the Bridgestones will last longer.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why BT-023? Do you actually want touring tires? Just wondering.

You can get a set of S20 hypersport/trackday tires at KD for less, $235 shipped.
Do I WANT touring tires? No. But I'm a college student on a tight budget, and can't afford to be replacing tires that often. Also, with my suspension still stock, I don't feel like I'll need the extra corner-carving traction, since I'll be keeping it well below knee-dragging levels.

·
Registered
6,826 Posts
Shinko 009 ravens!
Agree the 009's work pretty nicely, but I think the 011's are much better cornering although they likely won't last as long. I've got close to 4K on the front and near 2K on the rear 011 and only the back is showing any wear at all.

And Danimal....the Conti Motions you had, were they by chance made in Korea? I've been reading and finding that Shinko makes some tires for Conti and it is said if your Conti is made in Korea it is a Shinko build.

If I get anywhere near 5K on the 011's they will be my primary tire from here on out. LOVE the way they handle! And they were right around $200 for the pair...maybe a little over.

·
Registered
185 Posts
dont mean to hijack but i need to hijack :p

I am running Pilot Power 2's currently front- 120/60/ Zr17 , rear 160/60 Zr17.

I want to try a new tire, not sure which one to get. I mostly go on weekend trips, but occasionally commute on the weekdays. I am looking for something a little stickier and sportier, but also something that provides decent traction in rain and decent life.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dont mean to hijack but i need to hijack :p

I am running Pilot Power 2's currently front- 120/60/ Zr17 , rear 160/60 Zr17.

I want to try a new tire, not sure which one to get. I mostly go on weekend trips, but occasionally commute on the weekdays. I am looking for something a little stickier and sportier, but also something that provides decent traction in rain and decent life.
I would go stickier and sportier if I didn't live in Oklahoma...straight lines for days.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The Dunlop q2 are pretty good but a bit pricier. The have the multi tread dual compound like a sport tourer but are more of a sporty street tire/occasional track tire. I went on a 1000 mile ride and have maybe another 1000 on it before I left and its showing very little wear. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
I'm about to pull the trigger on a set of Battlax BT-023's for $243 shipped, and I thought there's got to be a better deal on tires somewhere out there. I know, I know...(Pilot Powers!)

Anybody seen a good deal for a sport touring tire recently?

There's this place called "Google Land" where anything you might need, from discount 38# bags of sugar to hook up joints that cater to fetishes like lesbian gerbil puppetry, can be found. You should check it out.

;)

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
There's this place called "Google Land" where anything you might need, from discount 38# bags of sugar to hook up joints that cater to fetishes like lesbian gerbil puppetry, can be found. You should check it out.

;)
Yeah and you could still lose out on a great deal that Google's SEO misses, so after you do the above be sure and go to a forum of like minded people who are generally happy to help each other and ask if anyone knows about... oh wait

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just got done with a set of Michelin pp2ct and they last about 8000 miles. Just got a set of Pirelli Angels and they're so far awesome. My bike is my DD so i need a tire that will last a decent amount of time. I only have about 500 miles on the Pirelli's so far I have a discount code for motorcycle superstore if your looking for a better deal let me know if you or anyone else wants it. The coupon is for 20% off so its certainly a better deal.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Yeah and you could still lose out on a great deal that Google's SEO misses, so after you do the above be sure and go to a forum of like minded people who are generally happy to help each other and ask if anyone knows about... oh wait
Then you get on and say, "Hey guys, I've searched, and found XXX for $XXX. Anybody else know of anything better?"

;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts