Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry but this wheel just looks so good on the SV

Wasn't too expensive either, the wheel/hub was 100$, sprocket 30$, spacers from TWF 30$ and thats it besides the new tire (I needed one anyways). Slid right on. Looks signficantly beefier, and kinda deceiving as to how much HP this bike has :-[ but I dont care. Since the F3 rim is 5", it was a slight pinch with a 180/55 tire on it, compared to the 5.5" on the F4i (which also has a 180/55). When measured they were a little less than 1/2 inch in difference, the F4i's being fatter, but it makes sense as the rim is a half inch wider.

Is it just me or is the SV's tail jacked up? The rear end looks so much better than the F4i's...thats so...blah. And one more picture

I really can't wait til I get setup with a black front wheel. It looks great with a silver frame, copper body work, and flat black pieces here and there.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have one of those.

I love it.:)

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
looks awesome.
I really like the dark wheels with the copper.
hows it feel on a ride? any different?
now I see why you took the hugger off.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Eh it doesnt ride THAT much different. Feels good honestly. Sure it turns in a WEE ( I cant epmhasize that enough) bit slower, but its actually nice feeling like that. I'm no joe racer, so when dropping it down into turns on the street its nice to not have to drop so quick like it did with the 160. Its not so slow that I'll overshoot a turn though, just a matter of using more body weight. Not to mention it looks kickass 8)

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
I got laid 5 times the day I put my f3 wheel on... girls dig it. :)

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wonderjosh said:
I got laid 5 times the day I put my f3 wheel on... girls dig it. :)
Only 3 times for me :-[

·
Registered
176 Posts
Meh...I got some 5 times the other day, and didn't even need the f3 wheel. 3 from my right, 1 from my left, and 1 from my wife for good measure.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm of the camp that says keep rotating mass as light as possibile and the wallet as heavy as you can (the latter being the big part), so I probably won't ever do it, but... that looks supah sweet. I agree that we've had enough of the stupid-arse 3 spokes! I guess they're a lot easier/cheaper but man are they less interesting.

·
Registered
176 Posts
i've pondered this swap, but at the end of the day, unless a hugger can be fabricated cheaply to fit this wheel, i'm going to protect my SV Raceshop shock and keep the stock wheel/hugger. :-\

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
GTKrockeTT said:
Meh...I got some 5 times the other day, and didn't even need the f3 wheel.  3 from my right, 1 from my left, and 1 from my wife for good measure.
hmm, bet it woulda been 10 with the f3 wheel  :p

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
GTKrockeTT said:
i've pondered this swap, but at the end of the day, unless a hugger can be fabricated cheaply to fit this wheel, i'm going to protect my SV Raceshop shock and keep the stock wheel/hugger.   :-\
the bike comes with a mudguard type thing attached to the swingarm to protect the shock.. you dont "need" a hugger... a hugger might keep the shock a little cleaner, but trust me, your shock is not going to be "damaged" just because you dont have a hugger.

·
Registered
176 Posts
wonderjosh said:
the bike comes with a mudguard type thing attached to the swingarm to protect the shock.. you dont "need" a hugger... a hugger might keep the shock a little cleaner, but trust me, your shock is not going to be "damaged" just because you dont have a hugger.
well damnit, maybe i just like the way the hugger looks! ;D

·
Registered
276 Posts
GTKrockeTT said:
i've pondered this swap, but at the end of the day, unless a hugger can be fabricated cheaply to fit this wheel, i'm going to protect my SV Raceshop shock and keep the stock wheel/hugger. :-\
Solution: use an F2 wheel. Heh. Well, thats my plan anyway.... but the one Ive got doesnt have the cush drive. >_<

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
eisenfaust said:
Solution: use an F2 wheel. Heh. Well, thats my plan anyway.... but the one Ive got doesnt have the cush drive. >_<
Thats why you must buy one with the cush drive...they are a bitch to find, and are about 130$ new, thats if they even have them anymore.

The turn-in that the bike has now feels funky, but surely I'll get used to it. The only real issue is it seems like my front sprocket is making that whirring noise, which I just got rid of by putting the stock 15t back on. Dont know how it would be making that noise again...but eh, oh well.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts