Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a set of Napoleon mirrors a few weeks ago. They've been great so far. Unfortunately, I get to the bike this morning and notice that there are "spots" all over the glass on the right mirror. Cleaning the glass didn't remove them, so I'm guessing the spots are in the silvering itself. :'(

Sorry the pics aren't so great. It's tough getting a good shot when a mirror is involved:

A close-up of the spots show that they look a bit like snowflakes:

Could moisture have caused this? Has anyone else seen this with Napoleons, or any other mirror for that matter?

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Looks like a defect with the silvering. Can you return them?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I kinda figured that's what happened.

I'll be giving Motostrano a call on Monday. Luckily it only took a couple weeks before the flaws became apparent, so I'm hoping they'll make this right.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree, which is why I'm currently riding the warranty carousel at Motostrano.

The fact that these mirrors are imports from Japan has complicated the process. I'll keep this thread updated for those who might have interest.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a new set of replacement mirrors in hand now. Yes, it really did take Motostrano over a month to send them out. :rolleyes:

Here's hoping this second set is better than the first.

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
I always thought they were hideous, still do. But you see absolutely everything behind you. No elbows, all road. It's like watching 2 tv screens. I have 3rd eyes on one bike and napoleans on the other. I definitely prefer the napoleans.

Only con I can find about them is being too wide preventing lane splitting if one was planning that activity.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I always thought they were hideous, still do. But you see absolutely everything behind you. No elbows, all road. It's like watching 2 tv screens. I have 3rd eyes on one bike and napoleans on the other. I definitely prefer the napoleans.

Only con I can find about them is being too wide preventing lane splitting if one was planning that activity.
hmm weird. everyone i've talked to thinks they look cool... i honestly don't have an opinion about it. i actually like the stock mirror look but maybe that's just me.
and if i was planning to do something as retarded as lane splitting i'd just fold em on up then proceed to wheelie through just for good measure

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Personally, I like how the Napoleons look. I like the bar-end style in general, though the Third-Eyes are a bit too "cheap plastic" for me. Remember, it's all subjective.

In terms of visibility, Enrico nailed it: the Napoleons are excellent. And if they're adjusted properly, there's little to no vibration to fuzzy the view.

@vilago: If you like the stock mirror look but want to upgrade visibility, consider some stem extenders. Holeshot makes 'em (http://www.holeshot.com/sv650/mirrorextenders.html), as does SW Motech.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.