Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you are using the Napoleon Bar Ends and I was just about to order a set for myself when I found a review from a user complaining that the silvering started coming off the mirrors rather quickly.

http://bolty.net/2008/12/22/napoleon-bar-end-mirror-spotting/

I'm curious if this guy was just unlucky or if this is a real problem? Anyone else see this happen?

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
I'm going to say this guy is unlucky. I'm on my second set of Barens, (first set, broke the right one on a fencepost, ground the left one down in a lowside) and have not had any issue with the silvering flaking or spotting. I've had a bigger issue with forgetting to wax the black to keep it shiny, it oxidizes and goes whitish gray way too quick IMO

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered a set tonight! I was hoping that this guy was just unlucky. I've heard they are really nice.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have used those on my monster for 4 or 5 years. Haven't seen anything like that on mine or anyone else I know that uses them.

BTW they hold up great to drops as well. ;D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't know you were on this board! I just found your post through a Google Search. Your bad experience with the Napoleon Bar Ends is a fairly high hit on Google when searching for these mirrors! I wonder how may sales your experience has cost them?

I'm going to give them a try. I'll let you say "I told you so" if I experience the same thing.

Funny to see my post linked here. :)

I created a thread about this several months back: http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=89130

And yes, the replacement set also spotted as well, though not nearly as bad as the first. If I'm unlucky, lightning struck twice!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I didn't know you were on this board! I just found your post through a Google Search. Your bad experience with the Napoleon Bar Ends is a fairly high hit on Google when searching for these mirrors! I wonder how may sales your experience has cost them?
I have no idea. :dontknow:

All I know is that I'm out over $50 for mirrors that are defective. It took months to get a replacement set from Motostrano, and now that those are also showing signs of being defective, I don't have the will to deal with all that BS again.

Good luck. Hopefully you'll get a set from a good batch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts