Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks, I've done the standard "search" feature and wasn't satisfied with the results. Can anyone recommend a good windscreen for the naked bike. I do a lot of freeway riding at 75+mph and I really need some sort of protetion. Cost really isn't an issue here, I just want a more comfortable ride-maybe not perfect-but more tolerable.
Thanks,
Kathy

G

·
I have an 04 and like the one the Suzuki makes for it. I got mine from Oneida. It really cleans up the breeze not as much turbulence.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Holeshot

I liked the look of the Holeshot flyscreen and it does a decent job of plowing that highway speed wind blast.

Check out Givi's stuff too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Flat Black Givi 755 looks good and works OK. Good protection, not too big, zero buffeting. On my Gen II bike.

Had the National Cycle f-15 dark tint before (it finally cracked after 4 years) and I like that too. Better hand protection. Did not look as good but similar protection up top. I recommend them both and they both bolt right on both generations as well as SV1000.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I used to use the National Cycle F-16 Sport Shield. It took a lot of the wind off of my chest but transfered the majority of it to my head. On the highway at speed (90+++, uh-oh ::)) you can get into a nice tuck and avoid the majority of the wind. FWIW it's 5'10", so if you're a smaller rider the wind just may shoot over the top of your head.

I only took it off after I installed my Type 2's. I thought the bike looked better without the screen, and the added wind hitting my chest forces me to slow down while on the highway. :)

Edit: Spelling

1 - 6 of 6 Posts