Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I did some searches to see if there was a thread for this but came up empty handed.

I personally ride an faired SV, my first bike was a 81 suzuki gn400, no fairing or wind shield and I used to get beat to death by the wind.

So my question is, is this more of a preference or is it for performance?

·
Registered
257 Posts
um... i'd have to think that it would be a preference to choose naked over the S model, because you loose on aerodynamics. i can't see any benefits to the naked except for a more relaxing riding possition.

·
Chief Greeter
28,485 Posts
um... i'd have to think that it would be a preference to choose naked over the S model, because you loose on aerodynamics. i can't see any benefits to the naked except for a more relaxing riding possition.
LOL, hi mavfan, your avatar cracks me up! :D

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
LoL, I had a good laugh after I did a double take. One of the best avatar's I've seen to be honest. LoL. As far as the thread, every bike I've ever had, has had a fairing or big ol ugly windshield and I don't think I'd want it any other way. I don't think my S's fairing helps a ton, but It has to be better than the little guy that comes with the naked!

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
for searches, use google... put in your search terms... and place "site:svrider.com" after your last word and you'll get better results :)

Nakeds are better for obvious reasons but fairings are nice for people who want to be more aerodynamically correct.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I went to naked from faired recently. I love the looks of the naked, but I did not reeliaze how much protection the "s" provided until i got rid of it. After a few weeks of riding naked I don't miss it at all, but the first few days felt like I was getting beaten to death.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
naked is the best! best looking that is

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
I went to naked from faired recently. I love the looks of the naked, but I did not reeliaze how much protection the "s" provided until i got rid of it. After a few weeks of riding naked I don't miss it at all, but the first few days felt like I was getting beaten to death.
Pansy. :rolleyes:

:nana:

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
i like naked on hot days around town, you get a lot more air. Plus it sheds a lot of weight and makes the bike feel a lot lighter. It's also really easy to work on.

The s fairing is great for trips and makes the bike look a lot better.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I am far older than the average rider on the forum (57) and I like the naked riding position better. I have added a Givi A200 windscreen and it helps lots when I am running over 50-60 mph. I had a slightly taller A210 on it but at only 2 inches or so taller it seemed to put the air right at my helmet. I an 5'6" so the taller one probably would be just right for someone 3-4 inches taller than me. The nakeds seem to be more common locally and most aren't running any sort of wind protection.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i've got an s but i crashed it and have been riding naked since. i put a cut down windshield i scavenged from a scooter on it, and it keeps the wind down once i hit 80 and up. it flows more air like a nakid (i live in the south) so it is cooler,but keeps just enough off me at speed so i don't get thrown around so much.
i think it is a preference but also a performance thing ,for me....it doesn't top out quite as high as before though. but that is probably a good thing!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts