Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if we will see a naked version of this bike in '07. A 'mini' Speed Triple. This would make be an awesome platform for a naked bike. Probably lighter than a naked SV 650 with 50 more horsepower!
I have always liked Triumphs triples and have had a chance to ride a few over the last few years.
The wild induction sound that a Daytona 955i makes when you really get on the power has to be one of the greatest sounds to ever come from a bike.
My guess is that a naked 675 triple will be in the works at some point.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I hope to pick up a squid crashed 2 week old one as soon as they are out in the streets.

strip all fairings and plastics, paint the rest black w/ powder coated gold rims...

;D ;D

I love squids cause they let my streetfighter dreams come true for cheap....

Kids; keep buying 1000cc SS.

Q

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
QfactorSV said:
I hope to pick up a squid crashed 2 week old one as soon as they are out in the streets.

strip all fairings and plastics, paint the rest black w/ powder coated gold rims...

;D ;D

Q
+1
That's how I got both my SV's ;D

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
QfactorSV said:

;D ;D

Q

+1

A 675 triple, GSXR 750, and/or a Kawi 636 crashed and resurrected as a fighter is my goal; waiting now on fundage...

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
I dont see the 675 becoming popular with the squids...sure one will get one. But they will never replace the ultimate squid machine in the salvage yard, the gsxr. Or really any of the big 4 jap bikes.

I would loooooooooooooooove a naked 675.

·
Registered
186 Posts
LiquidLen said:
What's the best way to find mangled squid refuse? Ebay? or are there better resources?
I cruise the hot spot (clubs, bars, etcc..) around where the squids hangout, I just wait for one of them to pop a wheelie or a burnout. a few more minutes and someone crashes. While everyone is trying to figure out how many got injured/died. I sneak a few $$$ to the tow truck.... TA DA!!

I think the local craigslist isn't bad...now getting the thing back on the road sucks up here in New England.

Q

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
LiquidLen said:
What's the best way to find mangled squid refuse? Ebay? or are there better resources?
Salvage dealers. Might not be possible depending on where you live. For me, theres one in NH, that has a showroom of mangled squid shitters. The best part about it is, the squids shop there too! Wouldnt believe how many dooshbags I see in there checking out the chrome gixxers, although its crashed and it looks like the previous rider died on it. Circle of squidism? I dont know.

·
Registered
92 Posts
in my opinion, if the kid is still around and in good enough shape to sell the bike, he probably had enough gear on to not be a squid.

anyone of us can lay down a bike. the best person on this board could acquire their dream machine tommorrow and have to part it out as a streetfighter next week.

that doesn't make him or her a "squid".

and i want the daytona 675. faired. i heart that thing.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Project 2501 said:
in my opinion, if the kid is still around and in good enough shape to sell the bike, he probably had enough gear on to not be a squid.
Salvage dealers pick up bikes from insurance companies generally, not the riders themselves. So it's safe to say the kid(or adult) was not in so good of condition. My definition of squid doesnt have to do with how much gear one wears, but rather how they ride.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
i don't see tirumphs being all to popular with squids but thats just me

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
B.a. said:
i don't see tirumphs being all to popular with squids but thats just me
Thats what Nate dawg concluded...of all the dipshits rambling on campus about bikes, I've never heard Triumph. Most of it is "new R6 this and that 18k redline fast".

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Yeah, thats why I will be going Triumph or Aprilla with my next bike. I don't want to lose it in the sea of GSXrs and R6s at any hang outs.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
YoKramer said:
What exactly is a street figher?

Race rep or SS with bodywork removed and customized into a raw, high performance naked;

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I saw some info. last night that the new Triumph 675 triple will have a NAKED version in '07! This will be an awesome bike both in looks and performance.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In this week?s MCN we reveal five new 2007 Triumphs including a superbike based on the speed triple and a naked version of the 675.

No Pictures yet that I have found,but I would guess it will be similar to the current 1050cc Speed Triple.

·
Thumper Squad
3,279 Posts
Wow - superbike based on the triple platform sounds very interesting to me - After riding a triple this past August, I absolutely fell in love with it - funny how that happens.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jacques said:
Wow - superbike based on the triple platform sounds very interesting to me - After riding a triple this past  August, I absolutely fell in love with it - funny how that happens.
I have ridden a Daytona 955i as well and the triple has the most seductive intake sound I have ever heard on any bike.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts