Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 Naked 650 and want a windsheild / mini faring that goes around the headlight. What are the options? What's the best?
Thanks!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Try a Givi A755. You can find them at Arizona Motorsports.

·
Hall Monitor
2,738 Posts
The Buell Blast bugscreen with Buell M2 mounts:

And the Givi A770:

The Blast screen gives adequate protection with the wind blast hitting mid-chest (I'm 5'7"). The Givi gives excellent wind protection, creating a huge pocket of still air with no hint of turbulence- perfect for winter riding but maybe a tad much if you ride in 90+ weather.

HTH

Bill

·
Registered
26 Posts
FWIW, the M2 Cyclone and the Blast flyscreen are one in the same. Only difference bewteen the 2 MIGHT be colors.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
my naked with the Blast flyscreen, works great up to about 120mph and then your almost ripped off the bike but the air flow.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
TRaGiK said:
FWIW, the M2 Cyclone and the Blast flyscreen are one in the same. Only difference bewteen the 2 MIGHT be colors.
I thought the M2's hump was offset to the left of center for the tach config of that buell. The Blast's hump is dead center of the screen.

:)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Holeshot flyscreen

Go with the new Holeshot flyscreen. I just put mine on and it looks great. I dont especially like the factory one or the Givi because they come around the side of the headlight too much. Just go to www.holeshot.com and look under SV650 and you'll find the flyscreen. Its 150 bucks.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
I do like the lightning one... Is mounting it easy?

·
Registered
176 Posts
SpeedisaVirus said:
I do like the lightning one... Is mounting it easy?
if by easy you mean, fabricating/painting custom mounts to lower the headlights, custom brackets to attach the screen to the headlight mounts, then yes...easy peezy. ;D

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I have the chaep suzuki flyscreen, it doesn't do a whole lot, I looked at a buell screen once, looked good when looking at the bike,  but was to dorky looking , scabbed cause the guage offsets are different, from the riders view.... in ither words from the angle I was viewing the screen,  it looked like s**te.

one I have allways contemplated getting is the bikini faring from a MotoGuzzi Sport Scura, If I had a Guzzi dealer nearby I'd liikely have one. I have looked at one close up once, there would be some minor fabrication required for a faring stay attachment to the handlebar,

·
Registered
113 Posts
Here's a good close-up, unfortunately off-center, of the '03 OEM windscreen:

Sorry, but the windscreen wasn't the focus of the photo. ;)

A

·
0 Posts
I have a red, 2001 SV, and recently changed out my National F 15 Tour Shield for a National Street Shield. The Tour model is larger, so provides better wind protection, however, it wobbles more in cross winds and truck turbulence. The mount is to the headlight bracket. I noticed a few cracks developing around the attachment screws, probably due to uneven tightening by me. The Street Shield is cleaner looking, a little smaller, and has four mounting points, two to the bars, and two to the upper fork. It seems much more steady to me. If you want more protection, go with one of these. I prefer the Street Shield model.

Thanks

http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/cycle/results2.html?search_model=su-057

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have this Windshield. I took it off and im willing to sell it. If interested, shoot me an email. rek09 at AOL dot com.

I also have a tank bra if you want that to.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
TRaGiK said:
I don't think they are the same.  The M2 is a little wider and squarer, and the Blast is more triagular (narrower at the top).

Nexus, did you paint your own screen, or did you get it painted? Looks good.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Are you buying the Buell screens through a Buell/Harley dealer if so how it is that it is adapted to the SV? Is there a link you can order thought?

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Yes, thru a HD/Buell dealer. There is a section under "Tips & Tricks" on the main page for Body/Fairing Modifications. The first link under that gives all of the part numbers for the M2 fairing. Note: I used a different part number for the flyscreen itself. That part number is for a blue one. I got one that was primed, but unpainted. Sorry, don't remember what the part number was. I'm sure the dealer will know. The brackets mounted right up to the bolts that hold the headlight on. Mine doesn't quite clear the top of the headlight though. You might want to carve up the bottom a little to make it fit (I'm probably going to take mine off and do that). Or have someone make brackets that are 1/4" or so taller.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Can I ask what you had to pay for the Buell version maybe I would be better off with a holeshot

1 - 20 of 26 Posts